• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BaronChairman

BaronChairman

Voodoo Medicine Man

• Members
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:02 AM

I'm surprised no one started a thread about job hunting online yet. Since just about every big-name national company is taking its operations online, it's important we know the rules and etiquette and most effective ways to utilize digital resources to maximize our chances of finding gainful employment. So I started this thread.

Tip one: Keep multiple resumes on Careerbuilder, Monster, and other job-hunting sites and make sure they emphasize different strengths.

Tip two: Do NOT post any resumes highlighting sales experience if you want to avoid unwanted contacts from pyramid and MLM scammers.
I'm sorry if my insensitivity toward your beliefs offends you. But guess what - your religious wars, jihads, crusades, inquisitions, censoring of free speech, brainwashing of children, murdering of albinos, forcing girls into underage marriages, female genital mutilation, stoning, pederasty, homophobia, and rejection of science and reason offend ME. So I guess we're even.

#2 jigglypottamus

jigglypottamus

I'm your daddy and I didnt give you permission to talk.

• Members
  • 7,124 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:44 AM

Tip two: Do NOT post any resumes highlighting sales experience if you want to avoid unwanted contacts from pyramid and MLM scammers.

Unless you're actually IN sales as a career.

I've been in B2B sales all my life, I have resumes up on Workopolis, and I routinely get emailed by headhunters trying to snag me for their clients. Its a good way to know what my market worth is - its great during contract negotiations for salary & compensation. As well as having options available in case you want to move somewhere else.

Elizabeth Swann: There will come a moment when you'll have the chance to do the right thing.
Jack Sparrow: I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by.

.:[ maverick007.wordpress.com ]:. .:[ What's going on, Eh? ]:.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users