Prayers for my son

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Anon

Anon

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:32 PM

Again thanks for your prayers. This is still a bit surreal. Getting all kinds of medical advice from people who are not doctors or even medical assistants (nobody here, thank God), which I thank them for and pretty much let go- I'm not going to play roullett with my son's life and health. BS is still BS even when its well-intentioned.

Will keep y'all posted on things. ALl y'all are in my prayers as well.

Keep us posted Tanasi, I hope your son gets better. I know this is a hard time for your family (and really, I can't imagine how much you've gone through already) but you are a strong woman, and you will get through this inshallah. :flower:

Muslim Cancer Support...

UK's first Cancer Support for Muslim women – Helping strengthen Muslim women through information packs,
Inspirational Islamic literature, Hospital visits and monthly Support sessions.

#22 zzze

zzze

• Members
  • 7,795 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:28 PM

:flower:
"Until you annihilate your selfish lower self of desires and lusts through strict and sincere mujahada [self disciplinary exercises], your heart will never become illuminated with the light of knowledge." - Imam Abu Hamid Al-Ghazli, Dear Beloved Son.

Help the GUANTANAMO BAY detainees

#23 Shivermetimbers

Shivermetimbers

• Members
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:22 AM

He's in my prayers. Aameen to all the duas.
sachi, Allah rocks.

#24 Mozlem

Mozlem

• Members
  • 4,686 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:39 PM

Ameen to all duas.

#25 Tanasi

Tanasi

• Members
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:11 PM

David had a port catheter put in yesterday and began chemo today, with 2nd session tomorrow. This will repeat every 3 weeks for 18 weeks. The PET scan revealed 2 lymph nodes involved but no other sites in his body. He's tired, still sore from the surgery yesterday, but doing well and keeping it positive.

Again, I want to thank everyone for their prayers and please know that y'all are in mine as well.

#26 sumi

sumi

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 14,395 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:28 AM

prayers for your son, tanasi :flower:

a friend of mine went through the same thing a few years ago. it was rough, but now the cancer is gone and he's better than ever. i'm positive your son will recover just as my friend did. :lovepant:

#27 Tanasi

Tanasi

• Members
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:36 PM

Sorry I haven't been on much. David completed his first sessions of chemo and was off his feed a little for a day or so. He says he feels fine, though, and even went out to lunch with his friends.

I really appreciate all the prayers and encouragement. It means a lot to know that others have been through this or have been there for someone going through something similar. Everything is in His hands, and I am believing for the best. Wanisi (many thanks) to all.

#28 salmasays2

salmasays2

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:36 PM

I hope he is back in good health very soon! Ameen to the duas. :flower:
:DSaLmA:D

#29 Tanasi

Tanasi

• Members
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:39 PM

David has completed his second round of chemo and had a CAT/PET scan done. So far so good. My mom had 2 small heart attacks about a week and a half ago and spent several days in the hospital. Things have been busy busy busy. Thanks for all the prayers. Y'all don't know how much I appreciate them.

#30 Tanasi

Tanasi

• Members
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:26 AM

The good news is that after this past week's PET/CAT scans on David, they have detected no cancer! I am over the moon with thanksgiving to the Almighty for this!!!!

Not-so-good...the chemo made him nauseated yesterday and he's still feeling queasy this morning. His beautiful thick black hair has almost all fallen out. I can see the family birthmark on the back of his head (all 4 children have it, as do my brother and I). I know its all part of the treatment but my heart wants to make it all better for him right now.

Thanks so much for all the prayers! Love to you all!

#31 Scarfy

Scarfy

• Members
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:28 PM

The good news is that after this past week's PET/CAT scans on David, they have detected no cancer! I am over the moon with thanksgiving to the Almighty for this!!!!

Not-so-good...the chemo made him nauseated yesterday and he's still feeling queasy this morning. His beautiful thick black hair has almost all fallen out. I can see the family birthmark on the back of his head (all 4 children have it, as do my brother and I). I know its all part of the treatment but my heart wants to make it all better for him right now.

OH MY GOD :D :mrgreen: Alhamdulillah! Inshallah it will stay away :D :D :D :D I"m soooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you!

#32 Tanasi

Tanasi

• Members
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:48 PM

OH MY GOD :D :mrgreen: Alhamdulillah! Inshallah it will stay away :D :D :D :D I"m soooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you!

Thanks!!! :D

#33 EirinnMoChroi

EirinnMoChroi

• Members
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:52 PM

thats amazing, Tanasi!!! Alhamdulillah! Alhamdilillah!
"An Englishman would never dream of dying in someone else's house. Especially someone they didn't even know." -The Dowager Countess of Grantham.

Clan MacMillan

#34 UmmSqueaky

UmmSqueaky

• Members
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:47 AM

Sorry I missed this sooner, but many big alhamdulilahs for the no cancer. Yaay no cancer!

fka rahma
subhan Allah wa bi hamdihi
Remember Me, and I will remember you
2:152
Posted Image
umms.wordpress.com

#35 Purple_alien

Purple_alien

• Members
  • 3,890 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:09 AM

Alhumdulillah, Tanasi. you're such an inspiration, taking on all that without turning away.
~Aliens are people too!~
Mi Gamma Familia #3 Scholar-

#36 Tanasi

Tanasi

• Members
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:09 PM

Yes I am soooo thankful to the One Above! Who is like Him? NO ONE!

I am so thankful for the prayers and support here in the community even tho I am not Muslim...yet. Still studying, and am now going to weekly class at the masjid for women. They have a Qur'anic Arabic class but I couldn't go tonight as I'm trying to finish up that shirt for tomorrow's event. Next week tho, I am going.

Well, my break is over...back to work! May Allah bless and keep you all.

#37 Tanasi

Tanasi

• Members
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:23 PM

David has completed chemo as of the 1st week of this month and his follow-up scans showed no sign of cancer! :thumbup:

He has surgery to remove the port catheter tomorrow afternoon, so duas please! Oh, and found out my mom assisted in the fisrt-ever port catheter implant at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. How amazing is that?

Also have job interview Friday for a teaching position. Duas for that would be greatly appreciated as my husband was laid off earlier this month and we are losing not only his income but our health insurance. I am resting in Allah's grace and provision for us.

Wanisi (many thanks) to everyone who has been praying for us thru all of this. Know that even when I can;t get on here, all of you are in my thoughts and prayers as well.

#38 marjanih

marjanih

• Members
  • 12,290 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:48 PM

aL that's wonderful news!

#39 Khairan

Khairan

Resident Oddball

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:32 AM

David has completed chemo as of the 1st week of this month and his follow-up scans showed no sign of cancer! :thumbup:

He has surgery to remove the port catheter tomorrow afternoon, so duas please! Oh, and found out my mom assisted in the fisrt-ever port catheter implant at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. How amazing is that?

Also have job interview Friday for a teaching position. Duas for that would be greatly appreciated as my husband was laid off earlier this month and we are losing not only his income but our health insurance. I am resting in Allah's grace and provision for us.

Wanisi (many thanks) to everyone who has been praying for us thru all of this. Know that even when I can;t get on here, all of you are in my thoughts and prayers as well.

Congratulations on the good news about your son, and also about your job interview. May God guide every step you and your family takes in life. :)
I saw a beggar leaning on his wooden crutch,
He said to me, "You must not ask for so much."
And a pretty woman leaning in her darkened door,
She cried to me, "Hey, why not ask for more?"
Oh, like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in a midnight choir,
I have tried in my way to be free.
-- L.C.

#40 Amal38

Amal38

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:18 AM

My youngest son has been diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. It was caught early, is easily treated, and is curable. He will have to undergo chemotherapy, though, and endure the side effects. He is 18, healthy otherwise, and the prognosis is good. Please keep him in your prayers. Wado (thank you).

Enshallah allah(SWT) return him back to a great health!
Look at this positively (and ur son too) remind him this is a trial(test) from allah
as myself try my best to remember our sickness, difficulties are a reminder
from allah(SWT) to return to him and in rememberance of him.
I will keep you in my dua enshallah, and alhamdulallah you have a solution for him! :flower:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users