Photo
- - - - -

Visual birth control

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 jigglypottamus

jigglypottamus

I'm your daddy and I didnt give you permission to talk.

• Members
  • 7,124 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:23 PM

ShitMyKidsRuined.com

ahahahahahaha

Posted Image

Welcome!! ShitMyKidsRuined.com was born one morning in early March when my younger son spilled a quart of black paint on our dining room rug. The covered paint can was out for a project I’d planned for the 2 hours my boys were about to spend in pre-school. Leaving it within his reach was a regrettable parenting mistake if ever there were one! I alley-ooped, and the little guy slam-dunked it.

SMKR’s mission is comic relief, commiseration and birth control; this is not about blame. If you’re a parent I hope you identify and laugh, and feel just a little bit better that others go through it, too. And if you’re child-free, I hope you enjoy laughing at the miserable, unfortunate things some of our kids have done, and cherish being free from this particular brand of crap. Anyone here to laugh is welcome.

With sincere thanks, Julie Haas Brophy

PS – The only unwelcome visitors are those who are here to be mean or judgmental or offer a parenting critique. This is not the place for you.

[SMKR]

better think about it ....

Elizabeth Swann: There will come a moment when you'll have the chance to do the right thing.
Jack Sparrow: I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by.

.:[ maverick007.wordpress.com ]:. .:[ What's going on, Eh? ]:.

#2 Revert

Revert

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 9,083 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:57 PM

ShitMyKidsRuined.com

ahahahahahaha

Posted Image

[SMKR]

better think about it ....

That website should be called IMABADPARENTBECAUSEIDONTWATCHMYKIDSPROPERLY.COM

In that case, you should get on your knees and thank my Scandinavian ancestors cuz all yr asweomess r belong 2 VIKING rape babies

#3 Tanasi

Tanasi

• Members
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:39 PM

Why do you think I stopped at 4? My tribe was capable of mass destruction on a galactic scale without even trying. Thank God they're all grown up now. But now my younger daughter has moved back home with my 4 yr old grandson and 2 yr old granddaughter...both of them tiny tornadoes of potential disaster. Yes I love them, but often have to do so while on my last nerve. I once said that grandchildren are God's reward for having survived parenting. That's only true if they're not living with you. You can't spoil them and send them back- they're right there. Now I'm having to spank kids again.

#4 ChotooMotoo

ChotooMotoo

• Members
  • 20,148 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:54 PM

Why do you think I stopped at 4? My tribe was capable of mass destruction on a galactic scale without even trying. Thank God they're all grown up now. But now my younger daughter has moved back home with my 4 yr old grandson and 2 yr old granddaughter...both of them tiny tornadoes of potential disaster. Yes I love them, but often have to do so while on my last nerve. I once said that grandchildren are God's reward for having survived parenting. That's only true if they're not living with you. You can't spoil them and send them back- they're right there. Now I'm having to spank kids again.

where have you been? we missed you.

I'm not sure how I feel about spanking really. Seen too many kids get spanked and go back to being even more naughty than before to think it works any better than time outs (where the kid gets out of time out and is naughty)
Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

#5 jigglypottamus

jigglypottamus

• Members
  • 7,124 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:12 PM

My mom kept the destruction to a minimum by feeding us three boys plenty of meat, and then warm honey milk to make us sleepy at night.

As a result, if anyone tries to take meat out of my diet now, or even reduce it, the resulting chaos would make the Paris riots look like just a few birthday candles.

My dad on the other hand ... always had his belt handy. Real, thick black leather. And those yummy steel buckles. Ah, the memories of childhood ... <3 !!!

Elizabeth Swann: There will come a moment when you'll have the chance to do the right thing.

#6 Laimuun

Laimuun

• Members
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:31 AM

That website should be called IMABADPARENTBECAUSEIDONTWATCHMYKIDSPROPERLY.COM

haha, wait till you have kids. seriously. they take all of 3 seconds to get into something and cause havoc. :)
'scuse me, while I kiss the sky..

#7 azher

azher

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 706 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:05 PM

salams,

haha, wait till you have kids. seriously. they take all of 3 seconds to get into something and cause havoc. :)

hah...amen. you only have so much energy...they'll outrun you at some point. little monster(s).
hi. :faint:

#8 Tanasi

Tanasi

• Members
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:21 PM

where have you been? we missed you.

I'm not sure how I feel about spanking really. Seen too many kids get spanked and go back to being even more naughty than before to think it works any better than time outs (where the kid gets out of time out and is naughty)

Been working on a couple of novels I'm planning to publish on Kindle Books. Its nice to know I was missed tho.

I hand out spankings after the verbal warning and a time out have failed. 1 or 2 pops to the fanny with my hand is usually enough. If I'm really angry I go calm down before dealing with the situation so I don't react in anger.

#9 Tanasi

Tanasi

• Members
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:26 PM

My mom kept the destruction to a minimum by feeding us three boys plenty of meat, and then warm honey milk to make us sleepy at night.

As a result, if anyone tries to take meat out of my diet now, or even reduce it, the resulting chaos would make the Paris riots look like just a few birthday candles.

My dad on the other hand ... always had his belt handy. Real, thick black leather. And those yummy steel buckles. Ah, the memories of childhood ... <3 !!!

My grandmother could hand out whuppings that would have brought a grown man to his knees begging for mercy. My grandfather usually had a talk with us...unless the offense was stealing or lying. Then the belt came ou and yeah...it was one of those thick ones that hurt like hell and left welts. I usually received more wwhippings than my brother because I was the one who really liked to push the envelop. And I was really stubborn and rebellious. And sometimes just plain mean.

#10 Tanasi

Tanasi

• Members
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:27 PM

salams,

hah...amen. you only have so much energy...they'll outrun you at some point. little monster(s).

Yeah but they gotta come home some times.

#11 BaronChairman

BaronChairman

Voodoo Medicine Man

• Members
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:22 AM

I hand out spankings after the verbal warning and a time out have failed. 1 or 2 pops to the fanny with my hand is usually enough. If I'm really angry I go calm down before dealing with the situation so I don't react in anger.

It's good you don't skimp on discipline. Man, when people tell kids that spankings hurt them more than they do the kids' behinds, they aren't kidding - my hands always sting after dishing one out!
I'm sorry if my insensitivity toward your beliefs offends you. But guess what - your religious wars, jihads, crusades, inquisitions, censoring of free speech, brainwashing of children, murdering of albinos, forcing girls into underage marriages, female genital mutilation, stoning, pederasty, homophobia, and rejection of science and reason offend ME. So I guess we're even.

#12 secretstar

secretstar

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:53 PM

I can't imagine ever bringing my hand up to my children, we will see if that changes when I actually have them hey!!

My Asim <3

#13 Revert

Revert

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 9,083 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:05 PM

I can imagine but my mum was a single mum and had two of us and we never EVER dreamed of doing anything like the monsters on that website.

Spankings not only should be legal they should be enforced!

Just make it clear i don;t believe in wanton beatings either. As with everything moderation and clear thinking are needed. My mum slapped us but i can only remember a handful of occasions it happening.

I once cursed her out because my cousins did it to their mum, i never did it again. Also spankings should never be done out of anger.

Many parents also need to learn the most important word of all "No". I'm sure you Islamican Mommas and Poppas do a great job MashaAllah!

In that case, you should get on your knees and thank my Scandinavian ancestors cuz all yr asweomess r belong 2 VIKING rape babies

#14 nunyobeezwax

nunyobeezwax

• Members
  • 9,655 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:39 PM

Great birth control. If by some accident I do end up having children, there will be child proof locks on EVERYTHING and things that cannot have those will have 3 layers of bubble wrap. I'm sure those brats will still find something to ruin.. ugh.. abstinence is the only cure!!!

#15 jigglypottamus

jigglypottamus

• Members
  • 7,124 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:08 PM

Many parents also need to learn the most important word of all "No".

There's actually a considerable argument against that method. One of my sisters deliberately refrained from saying "no" to her kids as much as possible because she didn't want them to learn that word themselves and then use that word on their own parents and elders in a rude manner, or against other kids when being asked to share.

If the context was such that the child was touching or playing with dangerous objects, she just removed them out of reach after the first strike, so that the child couldn't get at it again.

#16 Revert

Revert

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 9,083 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:50 AM

There's actually a considerable argument against that method. One of my sisters deliberately refrained from saying "no" to her kids as much as possible because she didn't want them to learn that word themselves and then use that word on their own parents and elders in a rude manner, or against other kids when being asked to share.

If the context was such that the child was touching or playing with dangerous objects, she just removed them out of reach after the first strike, so that the child couldn't get at it again.

Kudos to your sister for trying a different approach but for me that wouldn't work. I'd be interested to see how her kids grow and how their reactions and stuff differ as they grow into adulthood.

Then again i came from an old school family, if i had said no to my mum she have busted out the "Boy, who do you think you're talking to?" then it would have been followed up with a punishment of somekind.

#17 jigglypottamus

jigglypottamus

• Members
  • 7,124 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:39 PM

Oh she didnt refrain from saying "no" to them forever, but just in those early formative years when they were learning the basics of language. My niece is now 4 or 5 I think, and she knows what the word means, we use it on her at times when needed and she listens as expected.

#18 Revert

Revert

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 9,083 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:19 PM

Oh she didnt refrain from saying "no" to them forever, but just in those early formative years when they were learning the basics of language. My niece is now 4 or 5 I think, and she knows what the word means, we use it on her at times when needed and she listens as expected.

Hmm seems like a good idea. The actual action of showing them by pulling them away probably has more impact then just screaming no at them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users