Leaving home tomorrow..

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Vinto-geno

Vinto-geno

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:08 PM

why's everybody acting like she's going on a perilous journey? she's just moving out of her parents' home.
and she gave no indication that she's about to go do something unsafe.

*nods* definitely.

Well, I hope that leaving home and settling into the new place worked out. I've just come home after a whole year!! It feels very nice. Anyways, back to when I was away --all I can say is that I hope your 'support network' is great. Having good people to have as your back-up plan is a fabulous thing.

Do stay in touch with your family, if you can...things have a way of working out.

Anyways, Hey Timbit --I don't even know if I remember half the stuff we used to talk about back when I was more active on Islamica. I thought I'd say hi :) It has been FOREVER since I read and replied to posts on here.
my name is Vinto! vin vin Vinto! pain killer!

#22 rawrr

rawrr

I talk to myself a lot

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:19 PM

Hi all,

Update to my thread for anyone that is interested...

I moved out, I dealt (and am still dealing) with backlash from family and community. Understandable since I did things very unconventionally. I don't have any regrets, and I also don't feel like I'm going to **** for the choice I made (as much as others would have me believe). It has been difficult, and I have lost people in the process but I'm still learning, I feel stronger and I have the space to think for my self.

Thanks all for your msgs! The worst of it is over :)

يا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبي علي دينك
"Oh Controller of Hearts, make my heart FIRM upon your deen"

#23 Scarfy

Scarfy

• Members
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:33 PM

good to hear from you, rawr! :) :roar:

stay strong :flower:

#24 Timbit

Timbit

• Members
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:41 AM

Anyways, Hey Timbit --I don't even know if I remember half the stuff we used to talk about back when I was more active on Islamica. I thought I'd say hi :) It has been FOREVER since I read and replied to posts on here.

heeeey, i do remember, of course (my one fellow canadian and high schooler at the time! well, slime too, but she defected to the US and God knows where she is now). how are you? are you in grad school now? still at U of A?
i had you on facebook too up until very recently (i've just deactivated lately); i'm pretty sure we have some mutual friends in real life now 'cause a few of mine have relocated to edmonton (or from there to here). but believe me, i think of you every time i'm in the health&beauty aisles of the local desi store.... haven't ever been able to locate any vintogeno.

rawwwr: i'm glad things are looking up. stay safe. :lovepant: :lovepant:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users