• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 rawrr

rawrr

I talk to myself a lot

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:09 AM

Err, this is a kind of serious thread so if you have something un-nice to say, please don't say it.

I needed to get this out somewhere..

I leave home tomorrow. And before you think it, there is no boy involved. Or drugs. I am also not going to be on the next Apprentice. I am simply leaving home.

The family are not going to be wishing me luck at the door with hugs and tears because they're all going to be out. I am being picked up in a car, taking my few belongings, pinning the letter I've written to the family to the notice board, alongside my (ex) key and then I'll leave.

There will be no tears. Or hugs. :roar:

يا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبي علي دينك
"Oh Controller of Hearts, make my heart FIRM upon your deen"

#2 Anderson

Anderson

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:39 AM

Why?
Cheesecake and webcams.

#3 Sapphire

Sapphire

• Members
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:44 AM

:roar:
The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity, it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it

http://winacamper.fatface.com/safiyyah

#4 Caramel_Candy

Caramel_Candy

• Members
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:06 AM

maybe you should talk to your family about this before you regret this in the future? does your family even know that you want to leave home? how are you going to support yourself? gonna live with a friend? can only bum with a friend for so long... think about what you are doing.. :roar:
Put aside your pride, Set down your arrogance, and remember your grave. - Ali ibn Abu Talib (radiAllah anhu)

#5 Variable

Variable

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 6,802 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:08 AM

Be careful, and check in here often.
What kind of peace do I mean and what kind of a peace do we seek? Not a Pax Americana enforced on the world by American weapons of war.... not merely peace for Americans but peace for all men and women -- not merely peace in our time, but peace in all time.

JFK

#6 rawrr

rawrr

I talk to myself a lot

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:48 AM

Why?

I'd rather not say.

:roar:

Thanks for pm. :)

maybe you should talk to your family about this before you regret this in the future? does your family even know that you want to leave home? how are you going to support yourself? gonna live with a friend? can only bum with a friend for so long... think about what you are doing.. :idea:

It's not actually as spontaneous as it sounds. I have been thinking for years and preparing for months. Also, I decided last week, that since my mind was made up, no more thinking and lots of do-ing and praying.

Be careful, and check in here often.

Thanks.

#7 kababqueen

kababqueen

• Members
  • 11,052 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:52 AM

This is your choice to make, and it seems like you've given it and its consequences enough thought. Good luck and take care :roar:

#8 rawrr

rawrr

I talk to myself a lot

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 12:03 PM

This is your choice to make, and it seems like you've given it and its consequences enough thought. Good luck and take care :roar:

That I have. Thanks!

#9 secretstar

secretstar

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 12:06 PM

Good luck, be really careful ok and if you ever need to talk, you know where we all are :roar::)

My Asim <3

#10 caffienetime

caffienetime

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 12:38 PM

Honestly, even if you have looked at the consequences and have a fair idea of why things will turn out, I REALLY think you should rather talk to your parents and family about how you are feeling. I have seen quite a few parents who's kids ran away and I have seen the pain and anguish they go through. I dont think you should make your parents suffer that. Its only with your parents duas that you are safe and sound...so dont hurt them.

if you still want to do it, it really is your choice. that was just my 2 cents.

#11 Timbit

Timbit

• Members
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 12:39 PM

sounds like you're doing what you need to do.

i wish the circumstances were better (you could see them before you leave, have them send you off amicably) but sometimes you just have to take what is given.
inshaAllah khair... :roar:

#12 rawrr

rawrr

I talk to myself a lot

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:07 PM

Good luck, be really careful ok and if you ever need to talk, you know where we all are :idea::)

Thanks! :)

Honestly, even if you have looked at the consequences and have a fair idea of why things will turn out, I REALLY think you should rather talk to your parents and family about how you are feeling. I have seen quite a few parents who's kids ran away and I have seen the pain and anguish they go through. I dont think you should make your parents suffer that. Its only with your parents duas that you are safe and sound...so dont hurt them.

if you still want to do it, it really is your choice. that was just my 2 cents.

I appreciate what you're saying. But I have faith that God will keep me safe and sound.

sounds like you're doing what you need to do.

i wish the circumstances were better (you could see them before you leave, have them send you off amicably) but sometimes you just have to take what is given.
inshaAllah khair... :lovepant:

Same.

Thanks Timbit. :cake:

#13 Scarfy

Scarfy

• Members
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:42 PM

Hey sis,

I hope everything turns out OK. keep us updated and stay safe :roar:

You'll be in my duaas :idea:

#14 rawrr

rawrr

I talk to myself a lot

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:03 PM

Hey sis,

I hope everything turns out OK. keep us updated and stay safe :flower:

You'll be in my duaas :flower:

Will do! Thank you. :)

#15 Revert

Revert

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 9,083 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:42 PM

I hope the people you are staying with are trustworthy. Its a shame when family stuff happens but do what you feel is right.

In that case, you should get on your knees and thank my Scandinavian ancestors cuz all yr asweomess r belong 2 VIKING rape babies

#16 Shivermetimbers

Shivermetimbers

• Members
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:29 PM

your info states your age as being 21. not sure if that's accurate or not but based on that, i'm curious; have you finished school? do you have a stable job, which by the will of Allah can sustain you for some time to come? i understand you may have perfectly valid reasons for wanting to leave home but maybe wait until you've completed school (if you haven't already)/are more financially stable. if you plan on staying with family/friends, it may be okay for a while, but you can only do that for so long before you yourself or they start seeing you as a burden/inconvenience of sorts. nevertheless, good luck with whatever you do! i pray Allah places khayr in all the actions you take.
sachi, Allah rocks.

#17 TrentReznor858

TrentReznor858

Good Vibrations

• Members
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:12 PM

I dont mean to sound like a jerk but its kind of silly to post a "serious" thread on islamica. Also, being so cryptic about the whole thing leaves you wide open to mockery by the trolls on here. I wish you the best, good luck, and may allah protect you :monkey:
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry,their passions a quotation - Oscar Wilde.
A wise person, does not, on account of an ugly and tattered veil, fail to pay attention to a beautiful face; and an understanding person does not, becasue fo bitter skin, throw away the delicious substance of a fruit. - Muhammad bin abdur Rahman Ebrahim
A dream is the answer to a question we do not know how to ask - Fox Mulder.

#18 Timbit

Timbit

• Members
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:21 PM

why's everybody acting like she's going on a perilous journey? she's just moving out of her parents' home.
and she gave no indication that she's about to go do something unsafe.

#19 Revert

Revert

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 9,083 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:25 PM

why's everybody acting like she's going on a perilous journey? she's just moving out of her parents' home.
and she gave no indication that she's about to go do something unsafe.

Leaving the nest is a big step and the way she worded it seemed worrying.

Relax.

In that case, you should get on your knees and thank my Scandinavian ancestors cuz all yr asweomess r belong 2 VIKING rape babies

#20 jigglypottamus

jigglypottamus

I'm your daddy and I didnt give you permission to talk.

• Members
  • 7,124 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:39 PM

she's probably just leaving home to go live on campus at her university

[so scandalous, I know]

Elizabeth Swann: There will come a moment when you'll have the chance to do the right thing.
Jack Sparrow: I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by.

.:[ maverick007.wordpress.com ]:. .:[ What's going on, Eh? ]:.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users