Photo
- - - - -

how to break away from family peacefully?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Rambo

Rambo

Banned

• Banned
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:47 PM

^ prove it
Forever in love with you :flower:

#22 Anderson

Anderson

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:51 PM

^ prove it

Lol you expect me to go through 4000 of you posts only for you to deny it when I finally do find it?
Cheesecake and webcams.

#23 Rambo

Rambo

Banned

• Banned
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:57 PM

Do you have a job man ? If that is the case, then the first step for your independance is to stop being financially dependant on them and the second step is to get a house or an appartement where to live ==> When they see you start doing things like an adult, they wont be able / or feel the necessity to control your life anymore.

Financial independance ==> That's the big key.

i have had a good job for almost 3 years now, i am in finance.

i have been contributing everymonth to pay for many thing around the house since the last 3 years. Financial situation is not the problem, i can easily live independantly and they know this too, My dad is also working so there no financial problems for them too. I could have left the house 3 years ago when i got this job, but i didn't because i hoped their attittude towards me could change. But unfortunatly for me things haven't changed, infact have gotten worse. They give my younger brother more freedom in everyway, he does what he likes and they dont really care. Personally i have never questioned thier decisions, but now if they expect me to be always like this, then they are clearly wrong. I know we should give parents the most respect, but it feels like they are taking advantage of me or doing this on purpose. I know this could just be my thinking, but it surely feels like this.

Lol you expect me to go through 4000 of you posts only for you to deny it when I finally do find it?

prove it again, i never said such a thing. I know you were involved in stocking a cow incident and getting arrested by indian police :nerd:

Edited by Rambo, 07 July 2010 - 03:59 PM.
This was automatically merged to prevent double-posting.

#24 EirinnMoChroi

EirinnMoChroi

• Members
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:19 PM

I wanted to warn people in the muslim community, but I was told by someone not to bring it up unless this person is brought up by someone in conversation first. It's just that he's dangerous...no he doesn't want to kill anyone, but he expresses very bad ideas and still has a prison mentality which doesn't seem to go away.

lol...well unless he lives in the southern Wisconsin area, I dont think I have much to worry about.

I am not saying i will disrespect them, thats why i said moving out peacefully. Ofcourse i want to continue good relations with them after i move out, but i dont want them to control every aspect of my life.

guys, seriously, how many of us can relate to this? I know I can....lets stop attacking Rambo and assuming that he wants to disrespect mom and dad and just answer his question.

Rambo, just explain to them that you love them but you want to try to be more adult by assuming the responsibility of living on your own. Dont mention "live my own life" or any of that...simply say that you want the extra responsibility in order to truly feel like an adult.

Insha'Allah they will understand.
"An Englishman would never dream of dying in someone else's house. Especially someone they didn't even know." -The Dowager Countess of Grantham.

Clan MacMillan

#25 Macaca

Macaca

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:11 PM

lol...well unless he lives in the southern Wisconsin area, I dont think I have much to worry about.

No, he doesn't live there. But they are amongst us..and it's kind of scary because they can fool people who study the behavior of humans (like psychologists) so people should be careful insha Allah.
Someone very knowledgeable on deen told me not to just go out and proclaim this about this particular brother, but just to warn people if they bring him up.

I still have my doubts about not telling people because if something happens I know I will feel responsible because I know who he is...again, it's not life or death, but I worry about him cheating people out of their finances,etc.

You would be so surprised how these people behave and how they can mimic human emotions like crying, happiness,etc...but they don't really feel them. On one hand you feel sorry for the person, but at the same time you think why don't they get help? They're in denial, this guy especially. To describe him as needing psychological help would be an understatement and it doesn't help that he sees a psychologist (which he does) because that will just give him more insights on how he can groom his victims and how he can manipulate people better.
黒い涙
流す私には
何もなくて 悲しすぎて
言葉にさえならなくて
体中が痛み出して
耐えられない ひとりでは

#26 Variable

Variable

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 6,802 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:24 PM

guys, seriously, how many of us can relate to this? I know I can....lets stop attacking Rambo and assuming that he wants to disrespect mom and dad and just answer his question.

If you decide to do so... do it realizing that you probably aren't talking to someone on the other end of the internet who has the problems they say they have, or presents themselves in a truthful manner in any way.
What kind of peace do I mean and what kind of a peace do we seek? Not a Pax Americana enforced on the world by American weapons of war.... not merely peace for Americans but peace for all men and women -- not merely peace in our time, but peace in all time.

JFK

#27 Shivermetimbers

Shivermetimbers

• Members
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:01 AM

show them your islamica posts
sachi, Allah rocks.

#28 ChotooMotoo

ChotooMotoo

• Members
  • 20,148 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:48 PM

tell them you've joined a cult, and that if you speak to them again, the cult leader will kill you
Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

#29 Revert

Revert

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 9,083 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:55 PM

Rambo, just explain to them that you love them but you want to try to be more adult by assuming the responsibility of living on your own. Dont mention "live my own life" or any of that...simply say that you want the extra responsibility in order to truly feel like an adult.

He's already made it very clear that his parents are traditional Desi's. They won't buy it.

In that case, you should get on your knees and thank my Scandinavian ancestors cuz all yr asweomess r belong 2 VIKING rape babies

#30 Rain

Rain

• Members
  • 3,624 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:28 PM

omg remember that time rambo admitted he got arrested for stalking?

#31 Rambo

Rambo

Banned

• Banned
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:34 PM

The only advice on this thread I like!

I was thinking of doing the same, Inshallah i will, i am just waiting for the right time to do it. Lets hope it works.

Edited by Rambo, 08 July 2010 - 07:39 PM.

#32 EirinnMoChroi

EirinnMoChroi

• Members
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:46 PM

If you decide to do so... do it realizing that you probably aren't talking to someone on the other end of the internet who has the problems they say they have, or presents themselves in a truthful manner in any way.

well whatever his reason, my response didnt exactly take up my valuable time.
"An Englishman would never dream of dying in someone else's house. Especially someone they didn't even know." -The Dowager Countess of Grantham.

Clan MacMillan

#33 Rambo

Rambo

Banned

• Banned
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:28 PM

^ and variable is wrong to begin. My main problem is that i need "freedom" , ofcourse i wont tell this to my parents but i want freedom to do what i want in life, make my own decisions.

#34 MuslimSamurai

MuslimSamurai

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:52 PM

I'm going through something similiar-stay strong bro.
Twitter: Ih8Juice

I have posted on Islamica since 2004. To be honest, I've forgotten my past two usernames so I had to come up with a new one. I wonder how many of the people from 2004 are still here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users