Dealing with death

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 secretstar

secretstar

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:43 PM

Up until a couple of months ago me and my best friend were close, apart from the 200 miles apart we have just been always there for each other, then a couple of months ago unfortunately we drifted due to a childish argument she tried to start - however she has had a death in the family.

Some people are good at saying the 'right' things at the time of need but without sounding cheesy or making the situation harder for her I don't know what to say, any tips? I would go back home if I could but due to work I can't. Advice on the right things to say? I've always struggled with situations like this and now its happened to a very close friend I don't know what to say!!!! I would just hug her but I can't go home :flower::(:evil::(:( xx

My Asim <3

#2 fatima

fatima

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:40 PM

i dont think there is a 'right' thing to say in that kind of situation.

my dad passed away 3 weeks ago (please keep him in your duaas), so just having gone through all this i can say that there is nothing anyone can say that is magic to your ears or anything. but i can tell you that its not really about what you say but the fact that youre reaching out to the person. every person who has called or emailed or whatever has comforted me even if their words make me cry at the moment we're having the conversation. so i wouldnt worry too much about finding the right words.

just let her know you love her and youre there for her.

"The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor. The one who kneels to The Almighty can stand up to anything."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users