U guys are over exaggerating
Cheesecake and webcams.

#22 BaronChairman

BaronChairman

Voodoo Medicine Man

• Members
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:08 AM

jazakAllah khair :cry: I'm sure i'll be in the same position as your cousin. compared to bham, i guess you could say i live in a small city. the excitement of a bigger city with more resources will eventually fade and the home sickness will soon settle in.

I repeat: Wait until the tax rates set in. Then you'll be ******.

There's a joke in Buffalo about people who move to other cities and say "You call these taxes HIGH?!" In Chicago, a highly-taxed world class city, it's "Damn right these taxes are (expletive deleted) HIGH!"
I'm sorry if my insensitivity toward your beliefs offends you. But guess what - your religious wars, jihads, crusades, inquisitions, censoring of free speech, brainwashing of children, murdering of albinos, forcing girls into underage marriages, female genital mutilation, stoning, pederasty, homophobia, and rejection of science and reason offend ME. So I guess we're even.

#23 jigglypottamus

jigglypottamus

I'm your daddy and I didnt give you permission to talk.

• Members
  • 7,124 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:12 PM

I repeat: Wait until the tax rates set in. Then you'll be ******.

There's a joke in Buffalo about people who move to other cities and say "You call these taxes HIGH?!" In Chicago, a highly-taxed world class city, it's "Damn right these taxes are (expletive deleted) HIGH!"

And the joke here in Canada is something like "hahaha, you call your taxes high? ahahahaha ... *keel over and dies of laughing*

Up until a couple of years ago, the combined federal [GST = Govt. Sales Tax] and provincial taxes [PST = Provincial Sales Tax] here in Ontario were 15% on purchases where both taxes applied. Then the government tax rate went down, and now its 13%, but for many purchases, only one set of taxes apply but not the other.

Now Ontario is implementing the HST [Harmonized Sales Tax] which is going to be the full 13%, so many purchases before that only had one or the other tax sets applied, are now going to have both.

BUT HEY WE HAVE FREE HEALTHCARE! LAWLZZZZZZ

Elizabeth Swann: There will come a moment when you'll have the chance to do the right thing.
Jack Sparrow: I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by.

.:[ maverick007.wordpress.com ]:. .:[ What's going on, Eh? ]:.

#24 bravotwozero

bravotwozero

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:57 PM

You guys talk funny.

A good friend of mine got married to a girl from Birmingham. When he went to visit his in laws, the airline had lost his luggage, and he had to go shopping for clothes, with his wife's brothers, who tried not to laugh too hard when my friend told them he needed some new pants. Apparently in jolly old england, pants = underwear....
Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned, everywhere is war, me say war - Bob Marley

#25 sumi

sumi

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 14,395 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:29 PM

yea i'm pretty sure i'd need a book to translate that language if i ever went to visit.

#26 Revert

Revert

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 9,083 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:26 PM

yea i'm pretty sure i'd need a book to translate that language if i ever went to visit.

Yup you would.

heres some help

BBC - h2g2 - How to Speak Brummie

i'm so glad i don't have a brummie accent.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxyBvYtJpl0"]YouTube- Birmingham: Reputation vs Reality Part 1[/ame] watch this for a while...toward the end it has more people with the accent

In that case, you should get on your knees and thank my Scandinavian ancestors cuz all yr asweomess r belong 2 VIKING rape babies

#27 sumi

sumi

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 14,395 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:28 PM

why is it called "brum" and "brummie"

there's no U in it! so confused :)

#28 Revert

Revert

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 9,083 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:39 PM

why is it called "brum" and "brummie"

there's no U in it! so confused :)

It used to be called brummagen. Also when brummies pronounce Birmingham they say "Birming-um"

Its trait shared by most people from the West Midlands, we tend not pronounce all the letters in words.

In that case, you should get on your knees and thank my Scandinavian ancestors cuz all yr asweomess r belong 2 VIKING rape babies

#29 sumi

sumi

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 14,395 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:44 PM

i pronounce it the way it is spelled. :)

#30 Revert

Revert

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 9,083 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:48 PM

i pronounce it the way it is spelled. :)

Most americans do. I've been in the US for about 4 years and i still find it weird lol.

#31 sumi

sumi

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 14,395 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:54 PM

i can't tell brummie accent from a regular british accent?

#32 Revert

Revert

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 9,083 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:59 PM

i can't tell brummie accent from a regular british accent?

There is no regular British accent.

#33 sumi

sumi

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 14,395 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:00 PM

what's the british accent that most americans are used to? the queen's accent?

#34 Revert

Revert

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 9,083 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:02 PM

what's the british accent that most americans are used to? the queen's accent?

A posh accent probably, that Hugh Grant type of thing.

#35 sumi

sumi

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 14,395 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:05 PM

A posh accent probably, that Hugh Grant type of thing.

yeaaaaaaaaa that one. :D

: youtubing accent videos :

#36 Revert

Revert

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 9,083 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:09 PM

yeaaaaaaaaa that one. :D

: youtubing accent videos :

you won't find mine :D

#37 sumi

sumi

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 14,395 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:11 PM

you won't find mine :D

which one is yours?

#38 Revert

Revert

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 9,083 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:12 PM

which one is yours?

Coventry accent. No one ever gets it right.

#39 Jamroll

Jamroll

ModRoll the Mergerator

• Members
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:15 PM

Most americans do. I've been in the US for about 4 years and i still find it weird lol.

Ha yeah, they say Birming-HAM, and Bucking-HAM palace. It's hilarious. Once when we were kids we made these American tourists say Bucking-HAM palace again and again. lol.

The time will never be ‘just right’.
Start where you stand, work with whatever tools you may have at your command,
and better tools will be found as you go along.

#40 Revert

Revert

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 9,083 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:16 PM

Ha yeah, they say Birming-HAM, and Bucking-HAM palace. It's hilarious. Once when we were kids we made these American tourists say Bucking-HAM palace again and again. lol.

Hahah we had an American Student Teacher once in year 6..we did the same thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users