• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 sally

sally

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 11,985 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:33 PM

Not an entrance performance, but GREAT group work. Esp given the length of the thing and allllll those people..:nerdsis: I've seen better dancing though, but this still is pretty good (I watch a lottt of videos of Desi wedding dance performances alll the freaking time on Youtube :lol: )

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLxqiMCW-1w"]YouTube - Reception Dance - Manasa and Avinash Wedding[/ame]

Indian couples first dance..TOTALLY NON TRADITIONAL hahahaha, watch!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B49y8xJ6kBg&feature=related"]YouTube - First Dance - Manasa and Avinash's Wedding Reception[/ame]

#22 caffienetime

caffienetime

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:49 PM

Not an entrance performance, but GREAT group work. Esp given the length of the thing and allllll those people..:lol: I've seen better dancing though, but this still is pretty good (I watch a lottt of videos of Desi wedding dance performances alll the freaking time on Youtube :o )

YouTube - Reception Dance - Manasa and Avinash Wedding

Indian couples first dance..TOTALLY NON TRADITIONAL hahahaha, watch!!

SOOOOOO badly choreographed. :nerdsis:

the husband and wife together werent bad though.

#23 fny21

fny21

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,795 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:13 PM

whatever! ain't nothing beating the fresh prince vegas wedding:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWrjVRvW608"]YouTube - Will' Wedding in Fresh Prince Of Bel Air[/ame]

Ya muqallib al Quloob, thabbit qalbee alaa deenik
O turner of the hearts, establish my heart upon your deen

"Let whosoever believes in Allah and in the Last Day either speak good or be silent." [Al-Bukhari & Muslim]

#24 caffienetime

caffienetime

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:31 PM

whatever! ain't nothing beating the fresh prince vegas wedding:

YouTube - Will' Wedding in Fresh Prince Of Bel Air

awwwww will smith is soo cute :nerdsis:

#25 AM415

AM415

Thera Baap

• Members
  • 936 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 05:36 PM

We had a friend where we danced into his mendhi and shaadi. It wasn't prepared but it was fun.

I have another friend who broke out into some lovey-dovey dance with his wife when he walked into the hall during the waleema...I almost barfed.
Be like a rose which gives its fragrance even to those who crush it - Ali (RA)

#26 marjanih

marjanih

• Members
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:34 PM

The entrance video dancing was boring but the idea was fabulous. Love that the couple was able to take an otherwise traditionally quiet and serious moment [:lol:] and turn it into a memorable, laughable, loving experience.

The reception dance sugar posted-- awesomely done but a tad bit too risque.

:nerdsis:
shadha-

#27 Tanasi

Tanasi

• Members
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:34 PM

I liked the fact that people were having a good time celebrating a happy event.

On the other hand was one wedding I went to as a kid. One of my older cousins was getting married, and she was 6 months pregnant (big family scandal back in 1969). Her daddy, who was a practical joker, had painted a shotgun white. He pointed it at the groom and said if the young man ever did his daughter wrong he'd be looking at it again, loaded with buckshot. The wedding commenced and at the end when the preacher turned the couple around to introduce tham as man and wife, the bride's father pointed the shotgun up and pulled both triggers. There was a tremendous BOOM! and confetti flew everywhere. Several older ladies fainted, the groom hit the floor, and the preacher darned near had a heart attack as he called the bride's father a few things you don't normally hear in a church and offered to plant his boot knee deep up the daddy's rear-end. The bride's mother, after recovering from her initial shock and horror, took her purse and hit her husband over the head and called him all kinds of fool while their daughter stood there so mad at her father she couldn't speak- and if you knew her you'd know it took a lot to get her speechless. It took over half an hour to get things calmed down. Needless to say the bride's daddy was in hot water with everybody for a looooong time.

There are certain parts of my family that can pull some of the most assinine crap you could imagine...and some you couldn't even begin to. They're family so you up with them and just pray extra hard that God has them on a short leash that day.

My wedding was traditional Cherokee and NO foolishness went on. People remained quiet during the ceremony, then cheered when it was done. We all had a good time at the wedding feast- eating, dancing, singing, ,joking around. Well, except my husband doesn't dance but he had to take a turn around the circle with me with the blanket over our shoulders while everyone else danced around us. It was all good.

#28 Itz

Itz

• Members
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:02 PM

mmm. no.

for the first dance, perfect. on the dance floor, that's great... tear it up all you want. that's what the reception is for! but for the entrance? no.

the bride's entrance is supposed to be all elegant and graceful and whatnot, with her dad walking her down and people getting teary-eyed.

i dunno... i'm traditional when it comes to weddings, i guess.
i'd want a little bit of formality at mine.

it wasn't even that cute or attention-holding. i stopped watching halfway.
and a chris brown song? for the ENTRANCE? :pityfool: :monkey:

oh, well... i'm glad they're all so happy.
i just feel like at desi weddings, there are so many opportunities for the singing and dancing (mehndi/mayoun/dholki, baraat, then walima/reception) you don't need an over-the-top entrance like that.

I agree. I thought it was annoying and I didn't watch the whole thing... :look:

I'm gonna love you
Till the heavens stop the rain.
I'm gonna love you
Till the stars fall from the sky
For you and I.

#29 RestlessSoul

RestlessSoul

Seņor Member

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:01 AM

I kind of wonder what it would be like if you did this at your wedding and 20 years from now you sit there and watch the video with your own kids. would you be embarrassed? proud and happy to show your kids that at one time you were so young and full of energy?

I look back at my parents' video and enjoy the solemnity of it. they're truly happy yet also manage to convey the importance of the journey they are about to embark on together. seeing how fondly my mom watches that video, I think i'd like that as well

#30 Timbit

Timbit

• Members
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:44 PM

I kind of wonder what it would be like if you did this at your wedding and 20 years from now you sit there and watch the video with your own kids. would you be embarrassed? proud and happy to show your kids that at one time you were so young and full of energy?

I look back at my parents' video and enjoy the solemnity of it. they're truly happy yet also manage to convey the importance of the journey they are about to embark on together. seeing how fondly my mom watches that video, I think i'd like that as well

nah, i don't think it'd be embarrassing.

i love watching wedding videos. my parents don't have one. apparently, they got married in a little bit of a rush. there's not much photographic evidence either. none that i've seen anyway. i've only ever seen pics from shortly after they were married.

i recently saw one of my friend's shaadi videos and the tension during the nikkah was palpable. ahhhhhhh.
i don't think i'd want lights and cameras on me during my nikkah. :look: i wonder if you can get somebody else to sign the contract on your behalf? i'm afraid i wouldn't be able to do it with a steady hand. :lol: :) :lol: :monkey: i'd probably cry just from the jitteriness of it all. but generally, nikkahs tend to be private ceremonies, right? that was the first one on film i ever saw.

#31 hijabihoodlum

hijabihoodlum

• Members
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:29 PM

nah, i don't think it'd be embarrassing.

not embarassing - awesome. i'd show my kids, they'd cringe, and i'd laugh.
ok look. it's not my fault that i'm awesome. thank you. and you're welcome.

-the management.

#32 nooni

nooni

lost and away

• Members
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:42 PM

props to sumi for this video...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbr2ao86ww0"]YouTube - JK Divorce Entrance Dance[/ame]

nahnul haqu nahnu thawra ... ou homma as-hab al feel

#33 marjanih

marjanih

• Members
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:47 PM

So how did they pull off the divorce one?

:eek:
shadha-

#34 Jaysh

Jaysh

• Members
  • 6,577 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:38 AM

Freakin awesome lol.

Be like a rose which gives its fragrance even to those who crush it. - Ali (RA)

#35 SugarB

SugarB

• Members
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:40 PM

So how did they pull off the divorce one?

:brother:
shadha-

paid actors.
"If you seek happiness for yourself youll never find it,
Only when you seek happiness for others will it come to you"

#36 Tanasi

Tanasi

• Members
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:18 PM

Wow, that was awesome. My divorce should have been that much fun, but my family doesn't celebrate divorces altho we are certainly glad to get rid of worthless spouses. My cousins wanted to come out to Nevada and kick my ex's uk' every way 'til Sunday but I didn't think he was worth any of them going to prison over.

But yeah, I could have danced after leaving that idiot.

#37 Skinwalker

Skinwalker

• Members
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 03:12 AM

Awesome! That was so much more entertaining than a typical entrance. I need to convince my future wife to do something memorable like this for our walima. I'm thinking "Eye of the Tiger" or "In the Air Tonight" as the music. Also, dry ice with a choreographed laser show would be bomb.

Remember to post the pictures. All I can say is Wow!:lol:

"Remember: If the Creator put it there, it is in the right place. The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Girl Effect

International Fund for Horses

Free The Children

#38 farrukh89

farrukh89

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:42 AM

that was so funny/cute! t's okay I think... I don't think it was being disrespectful, church's have singing and dancing in them all the time! check out more at http://www.marryasunni.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users