37 replies to this topic

#1 sally

sally

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 11,984 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:18 PM

Haha, so cute.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0"]YouTube - JK Wedding Entrance Dance[/ame]

#2 SugarB

SugarB

• Members
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:29 PM

hahahahah that was so funny/cute! the only thing that bugs me was that they did it in a church... it seems much more appropriate for a outside or hotel wedding....but then thats my religious bias talking.

Other than that very cute...totally stealing and posting on my FB :(
"If you seek happiness for yourself youll never find it,
Only when you seek happiness for others will it come to you"

#3 psychoteddybear

psychoteddybear

• Members
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:56 PM

Haha, so cute.

YouTube - JK Wedding Entrance Dance

hahaha that was so ADORABLE!!!! how cute are they!
"God will never change the condition of a people until they change that which is within themselves."
The Holy Quran, 13:11

The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said: "Religion is very easy, and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded."

Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Hadith 38

#4 Rida

Rida

mmmm cookies!

• Members
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:10 PM

i dislike chris brown, but that song is awesome.
Cool idea though. Reminds me of a pretty cool hindu wedding i went to.
He Attained Exaltation By His Perfection
He Dispelled Darkness By His Beauty
Beauteous Are All His Qualities
Benediction Be Upon Him And His Family

#5 YOUSUFofSD

YOUSUFofSD

• Members
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:31 PM

lol that was pretty tight!!! :(
I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said - William Buckley, Jr.

http://www.mozlym.com/

#6 sally

sally

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 11,984 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:38 PM

Reminds me of a pretty cool hindu wedding i went to.

Detailz!!!

#7 pterygopalatine

pterygopalatine

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:38 PM

Awesome! That was so much more entertaining than a typical entrance. I need to convince my future wife to do something memorable like this for our walima. I'm thinking "Eye of the Tiger" or "In the Air Tonight" as the music. Also, dry ice with a choreographed laser show would be bomb.

#8 Wolfn

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos

• Members
  • 4,015 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:44 PM

cool idea though. Reminds me of a pretty cool hindu wedding i went to.

mlid

#9 Rida

Rida

mmmm cookies!

• Members
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:35 PM

It was similar to how the couple above entered except they were playing hindi music.
The groomsmen & the groom entered to the song meri yaar ki shaadi hain (while dancing of course).
I forget which song was playing when the bridesmaids & the bride entered.
After the ceremony there was a huge dance off, in which almost everyone participated in.
Hindu's sure do know how to throw a wedding. :eek:
He Attained Exaltation By His Perfection
He Dispelled Darkness By His Beauty
Beauteous Are All His Qualities
Benediction Be Upon Him And His Family

#10 SugarB

SugarB

• Members
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:01 PM

It was similar to how the couple above entered except they were playing hindi music.
The groomsmen & the groom entered to the song meri yaar ki shaadi hain (while dancing of course).
After the ceremony there was a huge dance off, in which almost everyone participated in.
Hindu's sure do know how to throw a wedding. :eek:

hahahah I love weddings where people loosen up and have fun...black people do weddings really well too

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8xWmlgjUpc&feature=related"]YouTube - Rock the Reception Wedding Dance[/ame]

#11 nunyobeezwax

nunyobeezwax

• Members
  • 9,655 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:45 PM

Hindu's sure do know how to throw a wedding. :lol:

i went to a pakistani muslim wedding a few years ago that was like that. the mehndi was full of choreographed dancing as most usually are, except towards the end the ENTIRE ROOM was free-styling. then at the walima the same happened, uncles and aunties were even dancing LOL. the groom's friends made their own moshpit near the stage and lifted the groom onto their shoulders while the bride laughed and clapped on stage and later joined her friends and aunties in a moshpit on the other side of the stage. it was hilarious, and so much fun! wish my wedding had been like that :eek:

#12 hijabihoodlum

hijabihoodlum

• Members
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:22 PM

aw, fine. it was cute. :eek:
ok look. it's not my fault that i'm awesome. thank you. and you're welcome.

-the management.

#13 Timbit

Timbit

• Members
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:41 AM

mmm. no.

for the first dance, perfect. on the dance floor, that's great... tear it up all you want. that's what the reception is for! but for the entrance? no.

the bride's entrance is supposed to be all elegant and graceful and whatnot, with her dad walking her down and people getting teary-eyed.

i dunno... i'm traditional when it comes to weddings, i guess.
i'd want a little bit of formality at mine.

it wasn't even that cute or attention-holding. i stopped watching halfway.
and a chris brown song? for the ENTRANCE? :eek: :lol:

oh, well... i'm glad they're all so happy.
i just feel like at desi weddings, there are so many opportunities for the singing and dancing (mehndi/mayoun/dholki, baraat, then walima/reception) you don't need an over-the-top entrance like that.

#14 Yousafari

Yousafari

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 02:22 AM

Right after dinner of my wedding (iA), im going to have all my good break dance friends from highschool crash the dance floor with Jabbawockeez masks.

TRUST ME! You will see.... :eek:

#15 SugarB

SugarB

• Members
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 02:51 AM

mmm. no.

for the first dance, perfect. on the dance floor, that's great... tear it up all you want. that's what the reception is for! but for the entrance? no.

the bride's entrance is supposed to be all elegant and graceful and whatnot, with her dad walking her down and people getting teary-eyed.

i dunno... i'm traditional when it comes to weddings, i guess.
i'd want a little bit of formality at mine.

it wasn't even that cute or attention-holding. i stopped watching halfway.
and a chris brown song? for the ENTRANCE? :eek: :lol:

oh, well... i'm glad they're all so happy.
i just feel like at desi weddings, there are so many opportunities for the singing and dancing (mehndi/mayoun/dholki, baraat, then walima/reception) you don't need an over-the-top entrance like that.

...It wasnt a desi wedding and obviously if their dancing to chris brown in a church ...where the pastor was a woman ..then their not traditional. To me its sounds like your trying to impose your cultural norms to the couple...which is dumb.

#16 Variable

Variable

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 6,802 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:13 AM

hahahahah that was so funny/cute! the only thing that bugs me was that they did it in a church... it seems much more appropriate for a outside or hotel wedding....but then thats my religious bias talking.

Other than that very cute...totally stealing and posting on my FB :eek:

It's okay I think... I don't think it was being disrespectful, church's have singing and dancing in them all the time!

I'm glad that even though Chris Brown has left a bad taste in most people's mouths... they did a good job with his song.
What kind of peace do I mean and what kind of a peace do we seek? Not a Pax Americana enforced on the world by American weapons of war.... not merely peace for Americans but peace for all men and women -- not merely peace in our time, but peace in all time.

JFK

#17 nunyobeezwax

nunyobeezwax

• Members
  • 9,655 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:23 AM

im sorry timbit, i just had to fail you :lol:

it was cute, definitely, and very original. but most of the dancing was really really lame (white people can't dance? :p). i mean, it's home video and they're not pros so whaddya expect, but a little tiny bit of choreographing might've helped. besides the first 3 sets of people (the girls with the sunglasses had a cute little dance! :eek:), after 1:30 it just kinda looked like everyone was doing some combination of swimming arms + the chicken dance.. i felt embarrassment for them.

#18 Sea_of_Roses

Sea_of_Roses

• Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:46 AM

OMG

That was thee cutest entrance Ive ever seen :eek::faint::lol:
-But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye like a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not. 2:216
-I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self. -Aristotle
-How glorious it is - and also how painful - to be an exception. -Alfred de Musset
http://kaleena101.wordpress.com/

#19 Timbit

Timbit

• Members
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:18 AM

...It wasnt a desi wedding and obviously if their dancing to chris brown in a church ...where the pastor was a woman ..then their not traditional. To me its sounds like your trying to impose your cultural norms to the couple...which is dumb.

no, i'm saying that's why i wouldn't feel the need to do that.
in response to desi people who're saying they wanna do similar things with bollywood songs.

but glad to see you didn't miss another opportunity to call me dumb.

i think the infamous baby got back first dance video is supercute and hilarious and fun. this one didn't touch me in the same way.

jelly: yeah, i think it just got boring.

#20 heba

heba

The Original Gangsta

• Members
  • 6,735 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:25 PM

cuuuuteeee. at first i was liek what, in a church? then after i read beaus comment about people singing/dancing in a church all the time i was like...hmm true.

so yeah, LOVED it. i love when people have fun :nerdsis:

kinda reminds me of how jazz and jewel walked in on their wedding on the fresh prince :lol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGpo-9g_zE8&feature=related"]YouTube - Fresh Prince of Bel Air - Jazz and Jewel Get Married[/ame] (at 2:30)
this is my wish for you:
comfort on difficult days,smiles when sadness intrudes,rainbows to follow the clouds,laughter to kiss your lips,sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag,beauty for your eyes to see,friendship to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe,confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, love to complete your life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users