• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 heba

heba

The Original Gangsta

• Members
  • 6,735 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:07 AM

im OCD when it comes to neatness/cleanliness...

i HATE clutter..i throw EVERYTHING away..my roommate gets annoyed because i will throw anything out that i see we haven't used..she, on the other hand, will keep boxes and crap and magazines that we dont even use/need.

she bought a nintendo wii and insisted we keep the box in case we need to move..i was like um...in a YEAR when we move i can get you a box...

the worst thing for me is dishes on the counter..drives me NUTS.

the weird thing though is my room gets extremely messy..but its always an organized mess (does that make sense)...ex a pile of skirts, a pile of dresses, sweaters, etc...

im weird :pityfool:
this is my wish for you:
comfort on difficult days,smiles when sadness intrudes,rainbows to follow the clouds,laughter to kiss your lips,sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag,beauty for your eyes to see,friendship to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe,confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, love to complete your life.

#42 Scarfy

Scarfy

• Members
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:06 PM

i'm the same way. i hate clutter! it makes me..nervous. i dont know, it's weird. i always throw stuff away. i only keep stuff that i need.

#43 Sea_of_Roses

Sea_of_Roses

• Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:59 PM

Ok so Im fed up with housework :war: but in a productive way I guess.

Im tired of tidying up and not feeling accomplished because things arent truly organized and well managed so instead of fighting it Im just going to find ways to make life simpler *sigh*

Day 1: starting off with the closet and drawers today
-But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye like a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not. 2:216
-I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self. -Aristotle
-How glorious it is - and also how painful - to be an exception. -Alfred de Musset
http://kaleena101.wordpress.com/

#44 Spencer

Spencer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:32 AM

I would love to have as clean a house as my mom keeps their apartment (she bosses dad around until he participates so they do share the load well), but what I have discovered this Fall has taken me by complete surprise. She is not organized. She can find her stuff, but it is not neatly stored at all. And outside of cupboards and closets it is cleaner than the other way around. My conclusion was to choose organization over cleanliness (because I can't pull both off without giving up the fun stuff) and clean with a frequency that is only somewhat okay to me. I do not want to be ashamed if visitors come unannounced, but more than that I can't invest in it. The surprise above was that she talks about cleaning so much you would think it is perfect all the way; if I would invest the same amount of time in scrubbing my place would actually be perfection so I have no idea of how inefficient she is really.

#45 ChotooMotoo

ChotooMotoo

• Members
  • 20,148 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:37 PM

My house will be a lot cleaner on Monday. :look: weekend baby. All the dishes will be done, kitchen will be nice and clean, then on Monday someone will come and do all the cleaning I can't do and my husband is tired of doing. It's a win for the husband really.
Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

#46 Wolfn

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos

• Members
  • 4,015 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:31 PM

I did a super-cleaning of my bedroom a few months ago. I found about 25 unused gift cards. I got about 10 Best Buy cards that I'm still trying to spend, but the rest expired because the companies went bankrupt (FYE, Blockbuster, Sam Goody, Waldenbooks, etc)

Note to self: when you get a gift card, spend it within the first month.
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

#47 QuranReading

QuranReading

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:37 AM

Islam teaches us cleanliness is half of our deen. It has vital importance regarding with other activities. 5 times we meet with our God every day in namaz, but before namaz we need to purify ourselves and make able stand in front of God.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users