46 replies to this topic

#1 marjanih

marjanih

• Members
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:11 AM

AsSalamu' Alaykum, :wave:

I love watching this show with the hubster:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCpzP7nxsxs]YouTube - How Clean Is Your House - Worst Flat Ever 1[/ame]

:vomit: :p :vomit: :cry:

So how clean is YOUR house?

Mine is awesome MashaAllah. My mom raised me with attitude that your house should always be in the condition to accept company and have them spend the night. They should be able to eat off the floor if they wanted to. Then my dad raised us with this OCD way of cleaning EVERYTHING. A guest bathroom takes that man 3 hours to clean. I'm not that bad but I am thorough like him and I got my hubster to start cleaning like me too. :D I come home and he's like, 'I cleaned the baseboards for you. :D" :-/

:cry:
shadha-

#2 marjanih

marjanih

• Members
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:11 AM

Posted Image

:p
shadha-

#3 fatima

fatima

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:17 AM

that apartment in the video is disgusting

"The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor. The one who kneels to The Almighty can stand up to anything."

#4 subzero

subzero

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:31 AM

:yow: that was horrendous!!

#5 sumi

sumi

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 14,395 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:04 AM

shadha, same here. i try and keep it in guest-ready condition. :yow:

#6 nunyobeezwax

nunyobeezwax

• Members
  • 9,655 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:07 AM

:lol::lol: that show is so cheesy! the apartment was disgusting but i think it turned out looking really cute!

Posted Image

:faint:

:yow:
shadha-

OH. MY. GOD. :what::faint::o:cry::cry::cry::faint::faint:

Edited by thejellymill, 14 January 2009 - 01:33 AM.

#7 YOUSUFofSD

YOUSUFofSD

• Members
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:14 AM

house is clean maybe 30-45 minutes before guests arrive...on arabic time! :yow:
I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said - William Buckley, Jr.

http://www.mozlym.com/

#8 caffienetime

caffienetime

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:07 AM

the house looks disgusting. i cant believe they were touching all the crap without gloves :smooch:

#9 wheelworks

wheelworks

Oldest member

• Members
  • 9,998 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:11 AM

AsSalamu' Alaykum, :D

So how clean is YOUR house?

Mine is awesome MashaAllah. My mom raised me with attitude that your house should always be in the condition to accept company and have them spend the night.
:smooch:
shadha-

Wa alaikum Salam :wave:

My parents are very messy. I learned to keep places clean from working in construction. The foreman used to badger me about messes and make me sweep and pile up any displaced lumber and what not :)

"Don't judge the truth by people. First find the truth, then you will recognize its people." - Imam Ali,
If you sift through all the non-serious posts of mine you'll eventually find a jewel that you can treasure and remember with a fondness that will last generations

#10 zzze

zzze

• Members
  • 7,671 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:38 AM

assalamu alaykum

:smooch: at men (man? :D ) who clean without fuss. The p word really shouldn't be in there, though.
"Until you annihilate your selfish lower self of desires and lusts through strict and sincere mujahada [self disciplinary exercises], your heart will never become illuminated with the light of knowledge." - Imam Abu Hamid Al-Ghazli, Dear Beloved Son.

Help the GUANTANAMO BAY detainees

#11 rawrr

rawrr

I talk to myself a lot

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:39 AM

I love 'befores' and 'afters', but I have to say the 'afters' on this show are a bit disappointing because I want to see NEW things as well as clean things.

يا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبي علي دينك
"Oh Controller of Hearts, make my heart FIRM upon your deen"

#12 sumi

sumi

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 14,395 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:25 PM

i just watched that episode on youtube. i am repulsed. how could they touch that crap without gloves? NASTY.

and HOW on earth does anyone go 10 YEARS without cleaning? and they were TOUCHING him?? he's probably crawling with germs himself. :cry:

oh and WTH?? this show is stupid. why would anyone want to go do the dirty work for someone so lazy and gross??

#13 Caramel_Candy

Caramel_Candy

• Members
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:22 PM

i didn't click on the link because i can't be bothered to watch morons live like animals. i'm almost a neat freak except i don't mind if my room is kinda messy. clothes in the corner or an unmade bed don't bother me but i can't stand if any other rooms in the house are dirty. i'll clean the house from top to bottom for 7 hours if i have to before i can relax, then i take a cold shower and nap.

i love the smell of clean :cry:

oh and i'd rather my husband not help me..i'd have to do it again, the right away, anyways :D
Put aside your pride, Set down your arrogance, and remember your grave. - Ali ibn Abu Talib (radiAllah anhu)

#14 nunyobeezwax

nunyobeezwax

• Members
  • 9,655 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:34 PM

I love 'befores' and 'afters', but I have to say the 'afters' on this show are a bit disappointing because I want to see NEW things as well as clean things.

it's realistic. it showed how you can take used pieces of furniture and make a place look welcoming and nice. i like the "lived in" look, things can't always look as if they're straight from a JCPenney catalog.

#15 Variable

Variable

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 6,802 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:37 PM

That's a mental illness. I wouldn't go in there without a full hazmat suit.
What kind of peace do I mean and what kind of a peace do we seek? Not a Pax Americana enforced on the world by American weapons of war.... not merely peace for Americans but peace for all men and women -- not merely peace in our time, but peace in all time.

JFK

#16 sumi

sumi

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 14,395 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:38 PM

That's a mental illness. I wouldn't go in there without a full hazmat suit.

exactly what i thought. that guy needs to see a shrink.

#17 ABCDGIRL

ABCDGIRL

• Members
  • 605 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:17 PM

so for all you clean freaks how long does it take for you to clean each day? I guess im normal..i mainly keep the kitchen clean (b/c it gets messy the most of course)...ill randomly do on the surface cleaning..but on mondays and fridays ill clean the entire house
my mom and mil still complain tat i dont clean enough though..and by their standards id have to be in the kitchen 10 times a day :evil:
You will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Let me guide you to something in the doing of which you will love one another. Give a greeting to everyone among you." -- Prophet Muhammad (SAW)

#18 foozball

foozball

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9,486 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:21 PM

so for all you clean freaks how long does it take for you to clean each day? I guess im normal..i mainly keep the kitchen clean (b/c it gets messy the most of course)...ill randomly do on the surface cleaning..but on mondays and fridays ill clean the entire house
my mom and mil still complain tat i dont clean enough though :evil:

*shrug* i'm not a neat freak either. We normally clean on the weekends and one good clean once a month but because we travel so much, sometimes we fall behind on that too. We usually clean together alh. Other than that, we like to do other stuff or go out rather than fixating on making everything spotless. to each their own. alh.
Never do I argue with a man with a desire to hear him say what is wrong, or to expose him and win victory over him. Whenever I face an opponent in debate I silently pray - O Lord, help him so that truth may flow from his heart and on his tongue, and so that if truth is on my side, he may follow me; and if truth be on his side, I may follow him. (Imam Al-Shafi'i)

#19 nunyobeezwax

nunyobeezwax

• Members
  • 9,655 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:03 PM

im not an obsessive neat freak but i like things to be presentable even if it's just me (i.e. no mountains of dirty dishes, no half-eaten meals lying around, no wrappers or crumbs littering any surfaces, no hair and water around the bathroom sink). i also try to avoid eating anywhere besides the living room (my apartment doesnt have a dining room).

i like to preserve a "lived in" atmosphere so while i insist on having my place clean 95% of the time, i don't think it needs to look absolutely perfect. my husband on the other hand is a slob and seems to dislike helping out [unless explicitly requested--no, NAGGED to do so]. we have a lot of disagreements over housework.. i can't stand it when men take the attitude that housework is a woman's job when both partners are working, attending school full-time (that in itself is a full time job), or both.

#20 ShotgunMessiah

ShotgunMessiah

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:38 PM

I'm somewhere in the middle, I'm sure. I had wanted to keep my house substantially less messy (not dirty, but messy) than my parents did while I was growing up, and the best thing is to just minimize the amount of clutter and crap you have around the house. It's easy to keep the floors clear if you barely own anything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users