• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#81 caffienetime

caffienetime

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:29 PM

as salaamu alaikum,

yeah im looking forward to it too. everyone says you learn more useful in that one class than you do in the rest of engineering. but they also say its a TON of work. its basically like a full-time job. they'd pretty much disappear for that year (or semester). im taking the two-semester option, its supposed to be a little less intensive.

:o meraj

what other option is there? we only have the two semester option.

#82 meraj

meraj

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:30 PM

as salaamu alaikum,

what other option is there? we only have the two semester option.

we also have a one-semester option. but even the senior design advisors dont recommend doing that. i only know one guy in my class whos going that route right now, everyone else is doing the two-semester option.

btw, yours is a group project, right? do you have a group yet? if so, you should probably start brainstorming with them.

Posted Image

Please read the rules before posting! If you need help, please ask :)

#83 caffienetime

caffienetime

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:36 PM

as salaamu alaikum,

we also have a one-semester option. but even the senior design advisors dont recommend doing that. i only know one guy in my class whos going that route right now, everyone else is doing the two-semester option.

btw, yours is a group project, right? do you have a group yet? if so, you should probably start brainstorming with them.

yeah, its going to be a group. nope, no group yet. we arent sure if we pick our groups or if they are assigned...we probably pick them, but i am sure yet...

#84 MuslimahDaTurkish

MuslimahDaTurkish

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:01 AM

i am an environmental engineer. but not working.
my lil bro will be studying electrical and electronics engineering this year.

http://www.squidoo.com/my-dilbert-page
video- im sorry he is going to be an engineer
♥"Surely, Constantinople (Istanbul) will be conquered (by my community); how blessed the commander who will conquer it, and how blessed his army." Hz.Muhammad (pbuh)♥

#85 caffienetime

caffienetime

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:30 PM

you guys might like this: http://www.facebook.com/sualeha#!/video/video.php?v=106617196128&ref=mf

#86 meraj

meraj

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:28 AM

as salaamu alaikum,

you guys might like this: http://www.facebook....17196128&ref=mf

fake.

:nerd: meraj

Posted Image

Please read the rules before posting! If you need help, please ask :)

#87 caffienetime

caffienetime

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:45 AM

LOL:

#88 caffienetime

caffienetime

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:49 AM

#89 tesla

tesla

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:07 AM

YESSSSS AN ENGINEERING THREAD!!! I am doing Chemical Engineering Hook me up with an internship playas :D

#90 caffienetime

caffienetime

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:06 PM

YESSSSS AN ENGINEERING THREAD!!! I am doing Chemical Engineering Hook me up with an internship playas :D

im doing chemE too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what year are you?

#91 tesla

tesla

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:26 AM

Kinda tricky with me but I'm a Junior how about yourself

#92 Arabatman

Arabatman

Defender of Truth

• Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:04 PM

Asalaamualaikum,

Hows it going enginerds? Haha. I kid i kid. So quick question for any Civil Engineers around these parts. I've been offered to do a model of a mixed use development, should be around 50 or so acres. A large rec center, with indoor and outdoor soccer fields/pools/basketball courts/daycare center etc, with artillery shops consisting of things that are geared towards people that would venture to the rec center. Shops like a footlocker, gnc, a smoothie shop, etc. What I want to know is what kind of pricing would you consider for that model? Are there any of you that work for companies that do these types of modelings and how much do they charge? I was thinking of just doing an hourly thing something like 100/hr since it seems like it wont take long to complete that model. The main part of the project will come if the county approves the model and gives the guy a grant to go ahead with his development. Once at that phase I would be actually doing the design of the site, grading/utilities/ens/etc. Once at that point i would just use a more solid pricing structure. So any ideas as to what is common pricing when it comes to modeling with these types of projects?

Asalaamualaikum,

-Zahid

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#93 Arabatman

Arabatman

Defender of Truth

• Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:29 AM

Asalaamualaikum,

Anyone else taking the FE on Saturday?

Asalaamualaikum,