A Kid I Knew Died

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Deel

Deel

• Members
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:16 AM

I've heard of so many deaths this Ramadan... more so than in the past year. Ya Allah.

same here subhanAllah, scary :)
inna lillah wa inna ilahi rajioon.
When Sulayman ibn AbdulMalik visited Makkah, he asked if anyone was present who met the companions of RasulAllah (saw). "Abu Hazim," they replied. "Why is it that we dislike death? Why is it we don't want to die?" Sulayman asked. Abu Hazim replied, "Because you have built and established this world and you have destroyed your Aakhirah, so you hate to go from what you have established to what you have destroyed."

#22 pax

pax

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:53 AM

inna lillahi wa inna illayhi rajioun

"Show mercy to those who are on earth,
then He Who is in heaven will show mercy unto you."

(Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi).

#23 silvermalaikah

silvermalaikah

cookie monster

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:19 PM

inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un.

#24 Timbit

Timbit

• Members
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:33 PM

Must have been the cafeteria food :look:

All kinds of things, really.

A lot of cancer (leukemia and a friend of mine had a brain tumour). Somebody died doing some martial arts. One guy commited suicide. A couple of people drowned. No car accidents, as far as I remember.

...life is short.

#25 wheelworks

wheelworks

Oldest member

• Members
  • 9,998 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:39 PM

...life is short.

Yup. It sometimes seems shorter on a bike :look:

"Don't judge the truth by people. First find the truth, then you will recognize its people." - Imam Ali,
If you sift through all the non-serious posts of mine you'll eventually find a jewel that you can treasure and remember with a fondness that will last generations

#26 Deel

Deel

• Members
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:09 PM

does anyone remember hearing about the girl who snapped her back and died dancing to lean with it rock with it :flower:
When Sulayman ibn AbdulMalik visited Makkah, he asked if anyone was present who met the companions of RasulAllah (saw). "Abu Hazim," they replied. "Why is it that we dislike death? Why is it we don't want to die?" Sulayman asked. Abu Hazim replied, "Because you have built and established this world and you have destroyed your Aakhirah, so you hate to go from what you have established to what you have destroyed."

#27 caffienetime

caffienetime

• Members
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:07 PM

so, i just found out that a good friend of mine passed away a few days ago. and it was because of simple food allergies. after being careful for 19 years, eating a cookie took her life =/

she wasnt muslim...i dont know how to pray for her. should i ask Allah to forgive her sins? should i ask Allah to guide her family to Islam and give them patience? is it acceptable for me to pray that Allah let her into jannah?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users