Lawyers and Law Students

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#181 riad19

riad19

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:14 PM

so how many aspiring lawyers here want to go into politics?

Muslimap.com

Innovative Google Map based directory for Muslim Professionals

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#182 wheelworks

wheelworks

Oldest member

• Members
  • 9,998 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:16 PM

And why is that any of your business?

Basically you're implying that you shouldn't read the news cause it's none of your business :evil:

"Don't judge the truth by people. First find the truth, then you will recognize its people." - Imam Ali,
If you sift through all the non-serious posts of mine you'll eventually find a jewel that you can treasure and remember with a fondness that will last generations

#183 UmmSqueaky

UmmSqueaky

• Members
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:27 PM

My uncle's Law firm handles foreclosures, so business for him is thriving. It seems like only really specialized fields are doing okay.

Business lawsuits are still rolling along. We're the only division (out of IP, Corporate, Employement and Business Litigation) that's actually holding close to the same levels as this time last year. We are however holding off on doing summer associates this year, I think, so there may be a delay in the new crop of associates.

Here's an article on the big lay offs in Minnesota. My firm is mentioned, but I won't say which it is :evil:

fka rahma
subhan Allah wa bi hamdihi
Remember Me, and I will remember you
2:152
Posted Image
umms.wordpress.com

#184 fny21

fny21

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,795 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:00 PM

For jobless lawyers, plan B includes good works - CNN.com

Ya muqallib al Quloob, thabbit qalbee alaa deenik
O turner of the hearts, establish my heart upon your deen

"Let whosoever believes in Allah and in the Last Day either speak good or be silent." [Al-Bukhari & Muslim]

#185 Sim

Sim

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:12 PM

so i had my equity and trusts exam yesterday, man it was a killer!!! i had a revision class with the chief examiner, hes such a joker. he said 'this topic (resulting trusts) comes up every year, and its always the SAME question :look: ' so we went through it and theres me thinking 'ah ha, imma kill this question :geek: ' and for the past 4yrs its come up. but this year, of course, no such question. how lame :thumbup::

i think its the hardest module in the course. some guys got up half way through and just walked out.

next year i have a few options, im thinking of doing EU law and maybe criminology...are there any topics u guys found relevitvely easy?
ǡ㒤Ƞǡǟȑ - Sim www.livingislam.org - www.masud.co.uk - www.sunnah.org - www.sunniport.com - www.deenport.com

ham gunna gaar hai ya muhammad, apni kamli me ham ko chupaa dho. :faint: - nusrat.

my prayers do not even satisfy me, how will they satisfy my Lord?

#186 sheik_speare

sheik_speare

Super MODESTerator...

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:39 PM

Assalamu alaikum :monkey:

my tentative schedule for next semester. though i may drop sports law and add securities.

Assalamu alaikum :sister:

my tentative schedule for next semester. though i may drop sports law and add securities.

Posted Image

Attached Files

omg omg i updated my blog. AGAIN!

:sister::look::sister:
i love the pious, though i am not from among them.
-Abu Hanifa R

#187 amina9183

amina9183

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:19 PM

so how many aspiring lawyers here want to go into politics?

I do :coolsis:
I want to be the first hijabi congresswoman insha Allah!

and 2- I am taking my lsat on monday and would like to request a whole lot of duas. jazakallah khayr.

#188 Salika

Salika

• Members
  • 5,890 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:29 PM

I'm studying for the bar... woohoo!

#189 wheelworks

wheelworks

Oldest member

• Members
  • 9,998 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:31 PM

I'm studying for the bar... woohoo!

Don't get too drunk :p

"Don't judge the truth by people. First find the truth, then you will recognize its people." - Imam Ali,
If you sift through all the non-serious posts of mine you'll eventually find a jewel that you can treasure and remember with a fondness that will last generations

#190 Ayaz_Mahmood

Ayaz_Mahmood

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:29 PM

So when law students after graduation don't become lawyers, what else do they do?

I do :monkey:
I want to be the first hijabi congresswoman insha Allah!

and 2- I am taking my lsat on monday and would like to request a whole lot of duas. jazakallah khayr.

Good luck for your test and future.

#191 Purple_alien

Purple_alien

• Members
  • 3,889 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:51 AM

So I applied to 3 schools, got rejected by my #3 choice, Temple, was kinda happy about it in a weird way, and now worried about pick one and two (Rutgers Camden and Widener)
In the event that I don't get accepted to any law school, I guess I will go become a paralegal. They do lawish kinda stuff.
~Aliens are people too!~
Mi Gamma Familia #3 Scholar-

#192 Anon

Anon

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:58 AM

:faint: English Legal System and Method exam tommorow :idea: du3as.

next year i have a few options, im thinking of doing EU law and maybe criminology...are there any topics u guys found relevitvely easy?

Contract is easy. That's about it.

Edited by RuwaydaMustafah, 20 May 2010 - 07:00 AM.
This was automatically merged to prevent double-posting.

Muslim Cancer Support...

UK's first Cancer Support for Muslim women – Helping strengthen Muslim women through information packs,
Inspirational Islamic literature, Hospital visits and monthly Support sessions.

#193 Salika

Salika

• Members
  • 5,890 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:34 AM

BUMPPPPPPPPPPPPP

because we're awesome.

and because salika is amazing for calming me down earlier today re: bar prep. :faint: :idea:

Awww :D

You'll do great! :cake:

So when law students after graduation don't become lawyers, what else do they do?

Some go into business. There are actually a lot of alternative jobs for people with JD's. But I think it would be best to at least be admitted to the bar- gives you more flexibility.

#194 aSunKissedPixxi

aSunKissedPixxi

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 02:44 PM

Salaam :blink:

I'm studying for my LSAT right now ahhhh it's torture

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
-George Washington Carver

#195 Sim

Sim

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:54 AM

In the UK right now its too tough to get a job, I know tons and tons of people jobless or working in call centres. People can't even get any voluntary work..I wouldn't advise any young person to do law right now, because you won't get a job! not sure how the market is in the US though..
ǡ㒤Ƞǡǟȑ - Sim www.livingislam.org - www.masud.co.uk - www.sunnah.org - www.sunniport.com - www.deenport.com

ham gunna gaar hai ya muhammad, apni kamli me ham ko chupaa dho. :faint: - nusrat.

my prayers do not even satisfy me, how will they satisfy my Lord?

#196 sumi

sumi

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 14,395 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:09 PM

In the UK right now its too tough to get a job, I know tons and tons of people jobless or working in call centres. People can't even get any voluntary work..I wouldn't advise any young person to do law right now, because you won't get a job! not sure how the market is in the US though..

not too different for the US... :flower:

#197 Marvelicious

Marvelicious

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:47 AM

:faint: English Legal System and Method exam tommorow :idea: du3as.

Contract is easy. That's about it.

Maybe that's the problem, they've made passing law exams in England too easy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users