• Please log in to reply
572 replies to this topic

#561 Bruinrab

Bruinrab

Surgeon in Residence

• Members
  • 3,938 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:12 AM

Ooooo another one, from this week - the guy who tried to jump off the OR table then tried to whack me in the head after we did his operation. I seem to get a punch thrown at me at least once a year. :p So far, they haven't connected, alhamdulillah.
But will you shall not, unless God wills, the Lord of all Being. -At-Takwir, 81: 29

Surgeon General's warning: She only looks sweet and innocent. :evil:
To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing. - unknown
'Dawah' is not arabic for 'being really annoying.' - a really wise Islamican
If you educate a boy, you educate an individual. If you educate a girl, you educate a community. - African proverb

http://therabs.blogspot.com

#562 bravotwozero

bravotwozero

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:09 PM

Maybe your face makes people want to punch you :p j/k

What really irritates me is when the cops bring the drunks into the ED. Anyone found drunk in public is given one of two choices: you either go to the ED, or to jail. Guess where they all end up :rolleyes: Being drunk is not a medical emergency.
Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned, everywhere is war, me say war - Bob Marley

#563 Nailah

Nailah

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:48 PM

Guys, i really need help/advice on something...

The thing is: my husband has a very good job offer in England (we are Brazilians, and he is a computer cientist), at HP (i dont remember the name of the city right now, but it`s at a 2 hour distance from London), probably for next year.
I`m a physician, and i`m finishing my Anesthesiology Residency in the end of the current year.
So, how would it work for me, how do i have to proceed to work in England as an Anesthesiologist? Is there an specific test, or certificate re-validation? I know in Portugal they dont accept our Residency, but accept the Medicine degree...

Help me out here, please!
Nailah

#564 bravotwozero

bravotwozero

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:54 PM

Guys, i really need help/advice on something...

The thing is: my husband has a very good job offer in England (we are Brazilians, and he is a computer cientist), at HP (i dont remember the name of the city right now, but it`s at a 2 hour distance from London), probably for next year.
I`m a physician, and i`m finishing my Anesthesiology Residency in the end of the current year.
So, how would it work for me, how do i have to proceed to work in England as an Anesthesiologist? Is there an specific test, or certificate re-validation? I know in Portugal they dont accept our Residency, but accept the Medicine degree...

Help me out here, please!

Your best bet would be to contact the Royal College of Physicians regarding licensing and practice of international medical graduates, and get the information straight from the source.
Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned, everywhere is war, me say war - Bob Marley

#565 Domenech

Domenech

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:40 AM

England is full of racists. Their medical profession doesn't treat foreigners so brightly.

#566 Domenech

Domenech

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:05 AM

The woman clearly did. As for the guy, test results aren't back yet, though he didn't have any symptoms.

And yeah, the dialysis guy's INR was around a 4. Lots of fun that one. Colorful language too.

Cook County in Chicago was even crazier. They brought in some homeless alcoholic who seized and fell in the mud. When he came to, he tried to take off. People were still trying to restrain him while he was completely covered in mud. He starts flailing about wildly, screaming 'I'M NOT AN EFFIN' ALCOHOLIC!'. There was mud flying EVERYWHERE, splattering all over the emergency department.

Aren't you bound by a confidentiality agreement? (Even though this is just "fictional" discussion).

#567 bravotwozero

bravotwozero

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:23 PM

Aren't you bound by a confidentiality agreement? (Even though this is just "fictional" discussion).

If you are referring to HIPAA, there are certain details that I cannot reveal. I haven't revealed any of them.

#568 Domenech

Domenech

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:17 AM

If you are referring to HIPAA, there are certain details that I cannot reveal. I haven't revealed any of them.

That's what I said, you haven't but you're still casually discussing a real case anyway. I thought it would have been a bit disconcerting.

#569 bravotwozero

bravotwozero

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:00 PM

That's what I said, you haven't but you're still casually discussing a real case anyway. I thought it would have been a bit disconcerting.

Well, I don't. I have not violated patient confidentiality. Patient cases are discussed in medical conferences all the time, without their knowledge or consent, with all the identifying information taken out.

#570 Bruinrab

Bruinrab

Surgeon in Residence

• Members
  • 3,938 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:46 AM

And often without their names being "hidden" (eg, in M&M, although that is legally protected time).

I think we do get used to discussing cases pretty casually, and referring to our patients in ways that seem weird to outsiders. But that's just the way it is, not because we're nasty people but because that's how we learn.
But will you shall not, unless God wills, the Lord of all Being. -At-Takwir, 81: 29

Surgeon General's warning: She only looks sweet and innocent. :evil:
To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing. - unknown
'Dawah' is not arabic for 'being really annoying.' - a really wise Islamican
If you educate a boy, you educate an individual. If you educate a girl, you educate a community. - African proverb

http://therabs.blogspot.com

#571 sally

sally

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 11,983 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:49 PM

Good luck on the match, yall

#572 bravotwozero

bravotwozero

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:15 PM

Good luck on the match, yall

By the grace and infinite mercy of Almighty Allah, I matched EM. Second time's a charm for me, alhamdullilah. Any other islamicans in the match this year?

#573 BaronChairman

BaronChairman

Voodoo Medicine Man

• Members
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

Not quite as important as med school or actual medical doctors, but: Physical therapy. What do I need to know about schooling, if anyone here can help?
I'm sorry if my insensitivity toward your beliefs offends you. But guess what - your religious wars, jihads, crusades, inquisitions, censoring of free speech, brainwashing of children, murdering of albinos, forcing girls into underage marriages, female genital mutilation, stoning, pederasty, homophobia, and rejection of science and reason offend ME. So I guess we're even.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users