My Thread.

• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#21 Deel

Deel

• Members
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:31 PM

this reminds me there is this girl she has a lot of hair(the volume) and then she wears it as a high bun..(ewwwwwwwwwe) under her hijab...making it obivious that she [I]got hair, [/l]to me that just defeats the whole purpose of the hijab....:confuse:

maybe she can't hide it :war:
When Sulayman ibn AbdulMalik visited Makkah, he asked if anyone was present who met the companions of RasulAllah (saw). "Abu Hazim," they replied. "Why is it that we dislike death? Why is it we don't want to die?" Sulayman asked. Abu Hazim replied, "Because you have built and established this world and you have destroyed your Aakhirah, so you hate to go from what you have established to what you have destroyed."

#22 the_only_one

the_only_one

• Members
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:02 PM

^I know of sisters with thicker and longer hair, and they seem to manage fine! anyhoo, its none of my beeswax, i'll pretend smaller things like that don't annoy me, and i have greater purpose in life than to waste my time.

Today, I wrote an exam. (al hamdoulilah overall I hope i did ok. inshaAllah.) This prof is known for preparing her exam questions solely from her lecture notes, this year she changed her approach. The questions were from all over..txtbooks, lecture notes, online research material, study-guide. :shocking:but al hamdoulilah i had spend enough time for this course that i actually recalled the material, perhaps may be the most appropriate answer was not clear at first, then i found it easier to trace back to my own notes using process of elminitation :dork:

anyhoo 1 down, 3 more to go.inshaAllah
ps i hate work! al hamdoulilah. lol
:cry: morbidly obese.:cry:

#23 the_only_one

the_only_one

• Members
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:10 AM

I am officially six now!!! :blobblue: the ball has droppedI realized it when i checked my facebook..
*no more curfews
*no more cotieefree shampoos
*and boys stink forever!

#24 TariqBinSleepin

TariqBinSleepin

• Members
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:27 AM

I am officially six now!!! :blobblue: the ball has droppedI realized it when i checked my facebook..
*no more curfews
*no more cotieefree shampoos
*and boys stink forever!

LOL so wait, its yer Birthday?? *sigh* Facebook

"A strong person is not the person who throws his adversaries to the ground. A strong person is the person who contains himself when he is angry." [Al-Bukhari; Book 47, No. 47.3.12]

"There is a smile on my face, but somewhere deep inside tears are sleeping in my eyes. the world does not know that how much this smiling face has cried."

-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].

#25 Deel

Deel

• Members
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:28 AM

^I know of sisters with thicker and longer hair, and they seem to manage fine! anyhoo, its none of my beeswax, i'll pretend smaller things like that don't annoy me, and i have greater purpose in life than to waste my time.

Today, I wrote an exam. (al hamdoulilah overall I hope i did ok. inshaAllah.) This prof is known for preparing her exam questions solely from her lecture notes, this year she changed her approach. The questions were from all over..txtbooks, lecture notes, online research material, study-guide. :shocking:but al hamdoulilah i had spend enough time for this course that i actually recalled the material, perhaps may be the most appropriate answer was not clear at first, then i found it easier to trace back to my own notes using process of elminitation :dork:

anyhoo 1 down, 3 more to go.inshaAllah
ps i hate work! al hamdoulilah. lol

for me, one down, one more exam left.
i HATE school. :rolleyes:
i need to spend time in the miserable people thread :faint:
When Sulayman ibn AbdulMalik visited Makkah, he asked if anyone was present who met the companions of RasulAllah (saw). "Abu Hazim," they replied. "Why is it that we dislike death? Why is it we don't want to die?" Sulayman asked. Abu Hazim replied, "Because you have built and established this world and you have destroyed your Aakhirah, so you hate to go from what you have established to what you have destroyed."

#26 sally

sally

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 11,985 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:28 AM

hi. i think you're sort of cute.

#27 Rain

Rain

• Members
  • 3,624 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:41 AM

hi. i think you're sort of cute.

that's like a marriage proposal coming from sally. :faint: :rolleyes:

#28 sally

sally

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 11,985 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:42 AM

that's like a marriage proposal coming from sally. :faint: :rolleyes:

are you...fishing for something? :pout:

ps: i dont extend the same sort of niceness to folks who sign off in my face. ahem

#29 the_only_one

the_only_one

• Members
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 07:29 PM

OMg I feel soooooooooooooooooo loved today, :flower::faint: al hamdoulilah, im getting tons of texts n phonecalls and did i mention my fb wall is being spammed with lowe.

i dont want my perfect world to be jinxed.:what: mashaAllah tabarakallah..

this gives me a perfect reason NOT to study 'coz i'll use my charms to get into dental school inshaAllah:faint::wave:

#30 the_only_one

the_only_one

• Members
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 07:34 PM

Hi Deel(hope things are betta, idont like school either...but gotta study to become Ms. smart:monkey:

Hi Tariq: its my B_day today n im celebrating it by studying chemistry:what:

Hi sally: kabol hai:faint: but please dont make me work out after we are engaged

Hi Rain: It snowing here n raining..:flower: canadian weather is unpredictable..but its so good to see you:flower:

#31 Deel

Deel

• Members
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 11:30 PM

Hi Deel(hope things are betta, idont like school either...but gotta study to become Ms. smart:monkey:

lol thank you beti
but hopefully my husband won't really care if i'm ms. smart :(

#32 hockeychicka

hockeychicka

• Members
  • 879 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:06 AM

hey!

happy birthday

kinda late..but better late then never! :( good luck with the rest of ur exams!

#33 the_only_one

the_only_one

• Members
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:17 AM

hey!

happy birthday

kinda late..but better late then never! :nerd: good luck with the rest of ur exams!

awwwwwwwwwwwww thanks chicka:flower: are u by chance going to the EId community dinner?

#34 the_only_one

the_only_one

• Members
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 03:12 AM

Posted Image

When we listen as if we were in a temple and give attention to one another as if each person were our teacher, honoring his or her words as valuable and sacred, all kinds of great possibilities awaken. Even miracles can happen. To act in the world most effectively, our actions cannot come from our small sense of self, our limited identity, our hopes, and our fears.

Rather, we must listen to a greater possibility and cultivate actions connected with our highest intentions from the patient and compassionate Buddha within us. We must learn to be in touch with something greater than ourselves, whether we call it the Tao, God, the dharma, or the law of nature. There is a deep current of truth that we can hear. When we listen and act in accordance with this truth, no matter what happens, our actions will be right.”

—Jack Kornfield, from A Path With Heart

#35 hockeychicka

hockeychicka

• Members
  • 879 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 10:15 PM

awwwwwwwwwwwww thanks chicka:flower: are u by chance going to the EId community dinner?

ummm im not sure.... got relatives from the states coming over..not sure if the are coming on the sunday or sat.. .. if sund..then maybe.. are u going?

#36 the_only_one

the_only_one

• Members
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 02:03 PM

ummm im not sure.... got relatives from the states coming over..not sure if the are coming on the sunday or sat.. .. if sund..then maybe.. are u going?

i wanna go...i read the *insider* email from the organizer which stated this is meant to be the first community dinner where ALL the muslims UNITE.:lol: (this includes, shias from the SH masjid, bosnian masjid, oxford, islamic center, mac n msas (all) ):D if i can convince the rest of the girls that this dinner is much more "fun" and good cause that perhaps they'll change their mind about local restaurants..besides ive not seen a lot of community in last few years(technically since this summer)..:lol:

lol..shshhhhhhh u're refering ur cousin from texas, eh?. B) :lol:

#37 the_only_one

the_only_one

• Members
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 03:28 PM

love what i eyes see..

YouTube - Surah Yassin - Part 1

#38 hockeychicka

hockeychicka

• Members
  • 879 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 11:49 PM

i wanna go...i read the *insider* email from the organizer which stated this is meant to be the first community dinner where ALL the muslims UNITE.:flower: (this includes, shias from the SH masjid, bosnian masjid, oxford, islamic center, mac n msas (all) ):( if i can convince the rest of the girls that this dinner is much more "fun" and good cause that perhaps they'll change their mind about local restaurants..besides ive not seen a lot of community in last few years(technically since this summer)..:lol:

lol..shshhhhhhh u're refering ur cousin from texas, eh?. :blobred: :lol:

insider email ehh.... arnt u special!

#39 the_only_one

the_only_one

• Members
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:39 AM

insider email ehh.... arnt u special!

lol..not really. sr. F really wants me to join MAc, thats her way of making me jealous.:blobblue: by sending me "minute updates on execs meetings.. notes n reminders on the latest meetngs..heheheh..

so whacha doing? for Eid? do u know if the eid is gonna be at the western fair like last time?

#40 TariqBinSleepin

TariqBinSleepin

• Members
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:39 AM

your thread is pretty.

"A strong person is not the person who throws his adversaries to the ground. A strong person is the person who contains himself when he is angry." [Al-Bukhari; Book 47, No. 47.3.12]

"There is a smile on my face, but somewhere deep inside tears are sleeping in my eyes. the world does not know that how much this smiling face has cried."

-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users