Photo
- - - - -

Dealing with fmaily members that do the Haraam

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 jigglypottamus

jigglypottamus

I'm your daddy and I didnt give you permission to talk.

• Members
  • 7,124 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:37 AM

Oh okay, np.

There are lots of alternatives for sure, plenty that I can't think of right now. Although you can suggest some things to them and see if it piques their interest enough to get them committed to going down that alternative road.

Elizabeth Swann: There will come a moment when you'll have the chance to do the right thing.
Jack Sparrow: I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by.

.:[ maverick007.wordpress.com ]:. .:[ What's going on, Eh? ]:.

#22 Macaca

Macaca

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 10:10 PM

YOu obviously don't know Yugoslavians...very stubborn lol

They don't think they have a problem nor that its even Haraam to gamble..

I'll look into that hotline thing though..maybe they can give us advice inshaAllah.

Well, first of all, don't call them Yugoslavians. :eek:I'm from that area, too but I am not a Yugosalvian. That's like calling an Arab from Palestine an Israeli.
黒い涙
流す私には
何もなくて 悲しすぎて
言葉にさえならなくて
体中が痛み出して
耐えられない ひとりでは

#23 Daleko

Daleko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:38 PM

YOu obviously don't know Yugoslavians...very stubborn lol

They don't think they have a problem nor that its even Haraam to gamble..

I'll look into that hotline thing though..maybe they can give us advice inshaAllah.

Hey brother, I am also from there, but a Bosniak and I don't think I am stubborn. But a lot of them I think live haram lifes.

#24 Revert

Revert

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 9,083 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 03:55 PM

Well, first of all, don't call them Yugoslavians. :eek:I'm from that area, too but I am not a Yugosalvian. That's like calling an Arab from Palestine an Israeli.

That what they identify themselves as so who am I to argue?

Hey brother, I am also from there, but a Bosniak and I don't think I am stubborn. But a lot of them I think live haram lifes.

Most Yugoslavians I have met are stubborn..

In that case, you should get on your knees and thank my Scandinavian ancestors cuz all yr asweomess r belong 2 VIKING rape babies

#25 ChotooMotoo

ChotooMotoo

• Members
  • 20,148 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 05:07 PM

Serious topic needs sincere advice.

How do you deal with family members that constantly do the Haraam?

Articles and general advice needed.

The live Islam through your actions doesn't work in this instance so what do you do?

yeah, it's hard becuase my sis calls me all the time and tells me about her boyfriends and stuff. Sure I'm Muslim and that's haram for me, but she was raised such that it would be haram for her too.

I just try and give her sound non-religious advice. I tell her things like, she needs to be sure she uses protection, some guys are sure to be using her so she should wait to be intimate rather than do things on the first date. I remind her that there is a strong history of alcoholism in the family, so she really shouldn't drink, or at least moderate her drinking significantly.

It's hard, becuase if I put it the wrong way, she'll think I'm just preaching to her, or telling her what to do, and then she won't listen to me anymore.
Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

#26 Revert

Revert

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 9,083 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 05:14 PM

yeah, it's hard becuase my sis calls me all the time and tells me about her boyfriends and stuff. Sure I'm Muslim and that's haram for me, but she was raised such that it would be haram for her too.

I just try and give her sound non-religious advice. I tell her things like, she needs to be sure she uses protection, some guys are sure to be using her so she should wait to be intimate rather than do things on the first date. I remind her that there is a strong history of alcoholism in the family, so she really shouldn't drink, or at least moderate her drinking significantly.

It's hard, becuase if I put it the wrong way, she'll think I'm just preaching to her, or telling her what to do, and then she won't listen to me anymore.

Seems like you know what i'm going through...

I pray your sister stops her behaviour and finds the haqq inshaAllah.

In that case, you should get on your knees and thank my Scandinavian ancestors cuz all yr asweomess r belong 2 VIKING rape babies

#27 SoMagnanimous

SoMagnanimous

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:50 PM

I have a younger sibling who just completed their first semester in an on campus University (lives in dorm)

there was a deal between my younger brother and our parents for him to keep decent grades (my parents are not very strict for them B- and up is cool)

HOWEVER he came back with mostly Cs, I think he seemed more focused on joining a Frat than anything else during the semester and frankly Im not shocked, but Im sad.

Im not sure how my parents will handle the situation, they arent always consistent (they hadnt checked in on his grades till weeks after semester was completed.

Im not sure what to do

#28 ShamoonAsif

ShamoonAsif

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:02 PM

Very true firstly dua to Allah and secondly your own life should portray the Islamic act and specaily pray them on the time of “Tahajad” if possible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users