hello boys and girls. salam.
farimama has returned!!!! (for a day)
sooooo, how's it going? how's life? yeah it was lame about alex lambert being cut, he should have won. who's your favorite american idol contestant this year??? mine was Kendra but she got voted off way too early. stupid voting masses
i like lauren too. but no one has really sung to my soul this year so who cares. I miss David Archuleta
Life Update Time:
Leena is becoming a big girl way too fast. masha'allah she's amazing.
work is super cool. beer-thirty every friday!! woohoo!!!
i'm still fat. trying to start working out again but i hate it bigtime.
i still love reading. if you look back in this thread you'll see that i was into all the currently cool stuff before it was cool... like hunger games and game of thrones (grrm) and all that... so basically i have good taste in books. therefore, if you like scifi/epic fantasy stuff... read this and thank me later:
1. the wheel of time series. love it. Aviendha Rules. Min and Elayne Drools. Can't wait for last book!
2. the acacia series. love it. ALIVER!!!!!!! book 3 coming out in Oct!!
3. the way of kings. freaking awesome. KALADIN!!!!!!!! first book in a 10 book series. it's gonna be epic.
4. basically anything by Brandon Sanderson. Mistborn. Warbreaker. Elantris.
5. the king killer chronicles
6. the kingdom of thorn and bone series. enjoyed it. good filler while i waited for other books to come out.
And i'm currently on book 4 of 10 of the Malazan Book of the Fallen series. sooooooooo complicated and the first book was difficult to get into, but i'm glad i stuck with it cuz i love it. half the time i don't know what's going on but i don't care. it's that good. but you'll probably hate it cuz you're dumb. just kidding.
so apart from reading and work and family, not much else going on. i don't really have any friends anymore but my husband tells me i'm still awesome and i totally believe him cuz i am.
see you next year!
just cuz i rock, doesn't mean i'm made out of stone. :cry: