a whole topic on farimama

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 FariMaMa

FariMaMa

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

I love myself always. My thread is the best. I like once upon a time. So sad the cute huntsman died. I'm gonna miss him. Just read divergent and alloy of law. Both really good books. Husband is doing the dishes right now. Baby sleeping on my lap. Life is good alh. Xoxo.
just cuz i rock, doesn't mean i'm made out of stone. :cry:

#62 BaronChairman

BaronChairman

Voodoo Medicine Man

• Members
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:33 PM

Assssnnnnnddddd the return to Islamica begins! Nice to finally have you back, Fari!
I'm sorry if my insensitivity toward your beliefs offends you. But guess what - your religious wars, jihads, crusades, inquisitions, censoring of free speech, brainwashing of children, murdering of albinos, forcing girls into underage marriages, female genital mutilation, stoning, pederasty, homophobia, and rejection of science and reason offend ME. So I guess we're even.

#63 ChotooMotoo

ChotooMotoo

• Members
  • 20,148 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:22 PM

about time...
Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

#64 nisa

nisa

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:44 PM

I love myself always. My thread is the best. I like once upon a time. So sad the cute huntsman died. I'm gonna miss him. Just read divergent and alloy of law. Both really good books. Husband is doing the dishes right now. Baby sleeping on my lap. Life is good alh. Xoxo.

I like that show as well! But you know it's from the creators of "lost" which means they will find a way to ruin the ending. And I'm going to pick up those books, they better be good! :)
65:2-3 ...And for those who fear Allah, He (ever) prepares a way out, and He provides for him from (sources) he never could imagine
-------------------------------------------------
The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times -- PC.

#65 FariMaMa

FariMaMa

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:23 PM

hi baronsomething and chootoomootooo :wave:

and hi nisa cuteface! :lovepant:

i was actually ok with the LOST ending cuz jack and kate went to heaven holding hands :wub: but why'd they have to kill off the cutest guy on OUAT so soon!! stupid show creators. but it made me hate the witchqueen even more, so it served its purpose i guess. die witchqueen! :war:

anyways, for more book suggestions read back in my thread. i have lots of them. but i don't know if you'd like them cuz they're all like epic fantasy/sci-fi/action/magical things... and you probably like smart intellectual things :bigbooty:

#66 nisa

nisa

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:26 AM

hi baronsomething and chootoomootooo :wave:

and hi nisa cuteface! :lovepant:

i was actually ok with the LOST ending cuz jack and kate went to heaven holding hands :wub: but why'd they have to kill off the cutest guy on OUAT so soon!! stupid show creators. but it made me hate the witchqueen even more, so it served its purpose i guess. die witchqueen! :war:

anyways, for more book suggestions read back in my thread. i have lots of them. but i don't know if you'd like them cuz they're all like epic fantasy/sci-fi/action/magical things... and you probably like smart intellectual things :bigbooty:

After spending a day with two mini versions of myself I'm in need of scifi/magical. So please recommend away! And I hate the Lost creators, I wasted 6 years on that show!! how could they not tie the loose ends!! How? ! Why?
65:2-3 ...And for those who fear Allah, He (ever) prepares a way out, and He provides for him from (sources) he never could imagine
-------------------------------------------------
The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times -- PC.

#67 FariMaMa

FariMaMa

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

ok here are some good book serieses for you all if you're into the epic-fantasy/super-awesome genre:
The Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher... Hail Gaius Octavian! 6 books, i'm on book 5. totally loved all of them so far.
The Long Price Quartet by Danial Abrahams... really good. 4 books (hence, a quartet)

Other stuff i've read that i've mentioned before and i really enjoyed:
Malazan Book of the Fallen - Steven Erickson (there's like 10 books, hard to read sometimes, but i super loved it)
Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan/Sanderson - super long but I'm a fangirl. Aviendha's my favorite.
Song of Ice and Fire - GRRM - i'm rooting for Arya. i hope she kills everyone on her list.
Acacia trilogy - David Anthony Durham - loved it.
Mistborn trilogy - Brandon Sanderson - loved it.
Way of Kings - Brandon Sanderson - looooooooved it! but it's just the first book of a 10 book series.
Anything else by Brandon Sanderson (Warbreaker, Elantris, Alloy of Law)
Name of the Wind/Wise Man's Fear - Patrick Rothfus
Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell - Susanna Clark - less epic fantasy, more magical magicness and very british :)
Kingdom of Thorn & Bone - i forget his name - good series, but with a weird ending.

i read alot. :nerd:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users