• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 MrZ

MrZ

huggable humanist

• Members
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:33 PM

and oh yeah, for the first time in forever i didn't go to isna. i was depressed but then got over it cuz most of my friends didn't go this year either.

Dude, only the boringest sibling showed up.

cuz they gon judge me anyway so... whatever...

#42 Timbit

Timbit

• Members
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:10 PM

aww thanks for missing me and thinking i'm cool :roar:

i would post more often but marriage makes you lazy and work makes you busy.

hope everyones Ramadan is going well! i haven't made iftar once! the benefits of having your inlaws live a minute away :lol: i did however make bagel bites one night. but i need to get my achi khala's dhai baray recipe cuz all they have here are the namkeen ones and i like the kinda sweet ones we used to have at home.

anyways, life is good alhamduilllah. why is it in the 50's in chicago right now? can someone explain me this??? and oh yeah, for the first time in forever i didn't go to isna. i was depressed but then got over it cuz most of my friends didn't go this year either.

and is anyone else obsessed with Twilight?? i love edward. :what:

You're back! Yay! :confused: :flower:

:jiggleflex:

What is 50s in Celcius? It's getting cold over here too. :what: :bonk:

#43 zakk

zakk

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,872 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:53 PM

Hi Fari! I'm obsessed with the twilight series

oh, i read her other book too. it was really good.

#44 FariMaMa

FariMaMa

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:08 PM

Hi zakk! how's life? i was like crazy obsessed with twilight (read the whole series twice.. back to back...) but i'm cooling off now. i havent read the host yet, but its next on my list after the hunger games. have you read that?? i read about it in EW and it seems good so i think that'll be next. i think i should be a teenager cuz i obsess over teenage girl things.

hi timbit! i don't know celcius. farenheit fo'lyfe! how's life?

hi muslimZ! he may be the boringest sibling but he's got the cutest babies on the planet. i love my nieces and nephew. they rule. but they weren't at isna so whatever. how's life? tell your parents i said whasssup!?!?!

hi cheesy0strawberries! thanks. i don't know how to make fruit-flower bouquets but i know how to eat them.

hi jinnzapoop. what up? married yet?

so anyways guys, who's got some good new islamic songs to share? on NPR today i heard this report on the NYC subway ad campaign and they had like imam siraj talking and in the background was this pretty arabic nasheed song playing. i want it but i dont know what it is.

there's a bug on my wall. it's climbing to the ceiling. now its upside down on the ceiling.

i miss my friends. my online friends and my real life friends. my previous online superstardom is getting fuzzy in my brain. was it even real? nobody likes me. :flower:

ok that's all. have a happy ramadan and a happy happy eid! yayyy Islam!!! :samosa:
just cuz i rock, doesn't mean i'm made out of stone. :cry:

#45 Timbit

Timbit

• Members
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:29 PM

Hi zakk! how's life? i was like crazy obsessed with twilight (read the whole series twice.. back to back...) but i'm cooling off now. i havent read the host yet, but its next on my list after the hunger games. have you read that?? i read about it in EW and it seems good so i think that'll be next. i think i should be a teenager cuz i obsess over teenage girl things.

hi timbit! i don't know celcius. farenheit fo'lyfe! how's life?

hi muslimZ! he may be the boringest sibling but he's got the cutest babies on the planet. i love my nieces and nephew. they rule. but they weren't at isna so whatever. how's life? tell your parents i said whasssup!?!?!

hi cheesy0strawberries! thanks. i don't know how to make fruit-flower bouquets but i know how to eat them.

hi jinnzapoop. what up? married yet?

so anyways guys, who's got some good new islamic songs to share? on NPR today i heard this report on the NYC subway ad campaign and they had like imam siraj talking and in the background was this pretty arabic nasheed song playing. i want it but i dont know what it is.

there's a bug on my wall. it's climbing to the ceiling. now its upside down on the ceiling.

i miss my friends. my online friends and my real life friends. my previous online superstardom is getting fuzzy in my brain. was it even real? nobody likes me. :cry:

ok that's all. have a happy ramadan and a happy happy eid! yayyy Islam!!! :samosa:

Celcius is where it's at, yo.
And I think you were a self-declared online superstar. :what:

Kidding. You know I love you. :monkey: :flower:

#46 FariMaMa

FariMaMa

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 08:43 PM

ahaha i think you're right :lol:

anywayzzz just read "The Hunger Games". it was awesome and i want to read the next book RIGHT NOW but i have to wait a year probably.

#47 FariMaMa

FariMaMa

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:02 AM

wow... i'm a junior member now??? how sad. :cake:

#48 wheelworks

wheelworks

Oldest member

• Members
  • 9,998 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:38 AM

wow... i'm a junior member now??? how sad. :what:

Oh dear! :cake:

p.s. I'm the oldest member :faint:

"Don't judge the truth by people. First find the truth, then you will recognize its people." - Imam Ali,
If you sift through all the non-serious posts of mine you'll eventually find a jewel that you can treasure and remember with a fondness that will last generations

#49 FariMaMa

FariMaMa

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:03 PM

Cool... I'm old too. So anyways, here's my life update because I know everyone still cares about me secretly...

I'm having a baby Inshaallah
Work is cool... They're always having beer parties
Reading is fun... I'm into fantasy/adventure stuff right now
Tv sucks in the summer
I'm sad that I'll miss ISNA again this year
We bought paint for the baby room finally
I like wendys frostys. They are delicious
The end... Bye.

#50 FariMaMa

FariMaMa

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:59 PM

life update time!!!!
i'm still old. and now im fat too :fatface:
my baby is super awesome masha'allah.
im working from home today. its fun.
i like snow but not digging my car out of it.
i loved avatar and i still love tv.
reading the wheel of time series now, its good.
can't wait for the next grrm book though! but he's taking too long :cry:
im wearing my lovepants right now. :o
did you all know i created lovepants??? newbees :)
does anyone care? :faint:
this is cute: :( i wish it existed when i was on here.
ummm what else, nothing really. my life right now is just my baby basically.
the end.

#51 foozball

foozball

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9,486 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:05 PM

i care. you're cute. your baby is super adorable fashion princess mA. :)
Never do I argue with a man with a desire to hear him say what is wrong, or to expose him and win victory over him. Whenever I face an opponent in debate I silently pray - O Lord, help him so that truth may flow from his heart and on his tongue, and so that if truth is on my side, he may follow me; and if truth be on his side, I may follow him. (Imam Al-Shafi'i)

#52 zakk

zakk

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,872 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:07 PM

we miss you, discodeewani.

I am happy, I am relaxed. I am happy I am relaxed. I am happy I am relaxed!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#53 heba

heba

The Original Gangsta

• Members
  • 6,735 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:27 PM

wait.... did fooz just call someone cute?!

:)
this is my wish for you:
comfort on difficult days,smiles when sadness intrudes,rainbows to follow the clouds,laughter to kiss your lips,sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag,beauty for your eyes to see,friendship to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe,confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, love to complete your life.

#54 foozball

foozball

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9,486 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:47 PM

wait.... did fooz just call someone cute?!

:)

when people are cute, i let them know. dont plan on ever being called cute. ugly.
Never do I argue with a man with a desire to hear him say what is wrong, or to expose him and win victory over him. Whenever I face an opponent in debate I silently pray - O Lord, help him so that truth may flow from his heart and on his tongue, and so that if truth is on my side, he may follow me; and if truth be on his side, I may follow him. (Imam Al-Shafi'i)

#55 FariMaMa

FariMaMa

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:08 PM

i didn't mean to "fail" you fooz. i just wanted to test it out.

anywayzz,
hi zakk! latoya misses you too.
and hi fooz, thanx. your words are cute to me.
and hi heba, and hi all the ppl who thanked my post. i thank your thanks.

ok see you in about 6 months!

#56 Timbit

Timbit

• Members
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 03:20 AM

i totally care and i'm loving the updates.
please come by more often.

congrats on the birth of the offspring! now the mama part of your name's actually true. and maybe now you have more jiggle to flex with.
i'm guessing it's a girl?! destined for online superstardom, one hopes.

srsly, lots of good thoughts coming your way... :vomit: :bonk:

#57 sally

sally

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 11,983 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:13 AM

HI fari. How are you? I'm glad to see you posted. I'm scared to comment on your FB fashion baby album too much cuz I might seem like a creeper. But I totally want you to know those cute fashion flower headband things your baby wears are TO DIE FOR adorable. That's also hugely cuz your baby is pretty good lookin', mA

Also, how are all your islamica turned real life girlfriends like nisa, samar etc? I hope errybody is well

Take care :bonk:

PS the cold weather is :vomit:

#58 FariMaMa

FariMaMa

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:50 AM

and i know that it's a wonderful world but i can't feel it right now....
and i thought that i was doing well but i just wanna cry now...

i'll miss you alex lambert. :nerd:

and thanks timbit, you're sweet :lol: hope all is fantastic in your world.
and hi sally, i'm doing great alh, except for being totally depressed about the american idol results last night... but yeah, life is good alh. and thanks for your kind works, and comment away on my pics, i love comments, it makes me feel special.

and samar and nisa are doing great, both have 2 adorable little girls masha'allah.yay for little girls :p

anyways, i just wanted to vent and cry about the ousting of alex lambert. i made it my facebook status but no one cares so maybe someone cares here and can share my pain??? probably not. whateverz. im gonna go listen to alex lamberts version of "Everybody Knows" on repeat for the rest of the day. :cry:

#59 hijabihoodlum

hijabihoodlum

• Members
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:09 AM

whoa whoa whoa- HE WAS MY FAVORITE! i can't say i follow it, but i did see him sing and was like, i'm gonna root for the underdog even though he probably wont win, but they cut him that fast?! unacceptable. he has more singing talent than 75% of those kids. :lol:

#60 FariMaMa

FariMaMa

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:00 PM

hello boys and girls. salam. :blink:

farimama has returned!!!! (for a day) :lovepant:

sooooo, how's it going? how's life? yeah it was lame about alex lambert being cut, he should have won. who's your favorite american idol contestant this year??? mine was Kendra but she got voted off way too early. stupid voting masses :( i like lauren too. but no one has really sung to my soul this year so who cares. I miss David Archuleta :faint:

Life Update Time:

Leena is becoming a big girl way too fast. masha'allah she's amazing.
work is super cool. beer-thirty every friday!! woohoo!!! :unsure:
i'm still fat. trying to start working out again but i hate it bigtime. :angry:
i still love reading. if you look back in this thread you'll see that i was into all the currently cool stuff before it was cool... like hunger games and game of thrones (grrm) and all that... so basically i have good taste in books. therefore, if you like scifi/epic fantasy stuff... read this and thank me later:

1. the wheel of time series. love it. Aviendha Rules. Min and Elayne Drools. Can't wait for last book!
2. the acacia series. love it. ALIVER!!!!!!! book 3 coming out in Oct!!
3. the way of kings. freaking awesome. KALADIN!!!!!!!! first book in a 10 book series. it's gonna be epic.
4. basically anything by Brandon Sanderson. Mistborn. Warbreaker. Elantris.
5. the king killer chronicles
6. the kingdom of thorn and bone series. enjoyed it. good filler while i waited for other books to come out.

And i'm currently on book 4 of 10 of the Malazan Book of the Fallen series. sooooooooo complicated and the first book was difficult to get into, but i'm glad i stuck with it cuz i love it. half the time i don't know what's going on but i don't care. it's that good. but you'll probably hate it cuz you're dumb. just kidding. <_<

so apart from reading and work and family, not much else going on. i don't really have any friends anymore but my husband tells me i'm still awesome and i totally believe him cuz i am. B)

see you next year!

ALLAHUAKBAR!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users