yaar

http://ialazzeh.wordpress.com/

#62 Summers

Summers

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:00 AM

Anyone planning on attending RIS this year?
:wave:

#63 Timbit

Timbit

• Members
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:57 PM

Anyone planning on attending RIS this year?

Ummm... you and I, right?
Yeaaaaah RIS! I can't wait. :p :p

:look: :blobred:

#64 jigglypottamus

jigglypottamus

I'm your daddy and I didnt give you permission to talk.

• Members
  • 7,124 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:24 PM

I'll be going definitely, inshallah.

Elizabeth Swann: There will come a moment when you'll have the chance to do the right thing.
Jack Sparrow: I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by.

.:[ maverick007.wordpress.com ]:. .:[ What's going on, Eh? ]:.

#65 AbdurRaheem

AbdurRaheem

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:04 PM

I may or may not decide to grace the conference [read: bazaar] with my presence this year.
Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, "We believe", and that they will not be tested with affliction? Lo! We tested those who were before you. Thus Allah knoweth those who are sincere, and knoweth those who are pretenders. (Al Ankabut 29:2-3)

#66 Timbit

Timbit

• Members
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:24 AM

Anybody see the harvest moon the other night? At least that's what I thought it was. In any case, it was beautiful. :D :(

;) :p

#67 bushra

bushra

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 06:50 PM

Who went to the "Living the light" event this weekend?
What did you think of it?

I enjoyed it but I felt that some things could have been better.
For instance, they had to rush through a couple of hadiths due to lack of time.
Perhaps It might have been more efficient if they had spread it out over the course of two weekends instead of one.

I liked that they gave people time to ask questions and that there were five minute breaks.
Overall it was great. unfortunately I couldnt go both days.. I only went on Saturday.

#68 MoonStar

MoonStar

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 07:18 PM

how much is it to park in the RIS convention center per day? And how cold does it get in december? Do I need to invest in cashmere thermals? (if there is such a thing). Cold weather scares mes. It's 50 degrees here right now and my hands are like ice.

#69 jigglypottamus

jigglypottamus

• Members
  • 7,124 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:06 PM

how much is it to park in the RIS convention center per day? And how cold does it get in december? Do I need to invest in cashmere thermals? (if there is such a thing). Cold weather scares mes. It's 50 degrees here right now and my hands are like ice.

The MTCC has its own underground parking lot attached to the convention center, with ample parking space, but make sure you get there in the morning - preferably before the start of the first event / lecture / show, otherwise it does fill up and gets closed. And then you'll have to park at an open air parking lot which is not far - barely a five minute walk away.

The underground parking lot has a standard one-day-all-day charge for weekends and that's like around $12 CDN.

It stays pretty mellow in December, its pretty much the same weather in NYC - large body of water, Northeast area. Its individual taste as to whether or not you want to wear thermals - most of the time you'll be indoors all day anyways, venturing outside at lunch or dinner times only if you want to go to a restaurant to eat.

Unless of course you also plan on going to any local winter attractions, then yeah - bring a pair of thermals.

Elizabeth Swann: There will come a moment when you'll have the chance to do the right thing.

#70 Azamnoor

Azamnoor

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:23 PM

salaaaaaam

Leafs suckin it up agaaaaaaaaaaaain this year. Are they ever going to be good? Well if they work on the defence.

neways, has anything interesting happened? (I've been living in a cave)
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats..."

#71 jigglypottamus

jigglypottamus

• Members
  • 7,124 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:34 PM

Leafs suckin it up agaaaaaaaaaaaain this year.

Its been like that for the past 40 years.

#72 curiousgirl

curiousgirl

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:21 AM

Its been like that for the past 40 years.

yeah exactly! or so i've heard lol

#73 hockeychicka

hockeychicka

• Members
  • 879 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 10:09 AM

salaaaaaam

Leafs suckin it up agaaaaaaaaaaaain this year. Are they ever going to be good? Well if they work on the defence

neways, has anything interesting happened? (I've been living in a cave)

or if they could stay healthy..

however, i think its time for a change. (trade.firing) :cool: :-/ but how about them marlies.. 10-0-2! Clemmensen has been amazing.. who would have thought we would be singing his praises! lol

#74 smrtengineer

smrtengineer

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:12 AM

leafs suck. i wanna quit being their fan until fergie gets fired. raps on the other hand, while provide plenty of heartbreaks have a huge upside. ie. they won last nite!!! whoooo hoooo.
Our beloved Prophet (Peace be upon him) said: "On the Day of Resurrection, nothing will weigh heavier upon the scales than good character" (Abu Dawud and Tirmidhi)

#75 hockeychicka

hockeychicka

• Members
  • 879 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:06 PM

leafs suck. i wanna quit being their fan until fergie gets fired. raps on the other hand, while provide plenty of heartbreaks have a huge upside. ie. they won last nite!!! whoooo hoooo.

its hard to quit being a leaf fan...as much as i try not to watch games.. i end up watching them...

after tonite game fergie will probably get an extention! lol :look: leafs were solid tonite! good game for bell, toskala and mccabe.

#76 smrtengineer

smrtengineer

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:11 PM

its hard to quit being a leaf fan...as much as i try not to watch games.. i end up watching them...

after tonite game fergie will probably get an extention! lol :look: leafs were solid tonite! good game for bell, toskala and mccabe.

its hard to quit, i know. but man. we do suck we need better players. but i missed tonites game. damn!
Our beloved Prophet (Peace be upon him) said: "On the Day of Resurrection, nothing will weigh heavier upon the scales than good character" (Abu Dawud and Tirmidhi)

#77 hockeychicka

hockeychicka

• Members
  • 879 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:51 PM

u guys here about the 14 year old boy from that ajax madrassa ( im sure u did) who BOUGHT a car ..drove it to the school.. got two of his buddies and got into an accident? his friends died.. he wa treated for non-life-threatening injuries and has been charged with two counts of criminal negligence causing death.

here the article from the star: TheStar.com | GTA | Boy, 14, in fatal crash had own car

i saw the story on city news. they also had the feature where they got two 14 year olds to go to a dealership and try and buy a car.

CityNews: How Easy Is It For A 14-Year-Old To Buy A Car In Ontario?

#78 kikar

kikar

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 05:15 PM

u guys here about the 14 year old boy from that ajax madrassa ( im sure u did) who BOUGHT a car ..drove it to the school.. got two of his buddies and got into an accident? his friends died.. he wa treated for non-life-threatening injuries and has been charged with two counts of criminal negligence causing death.

here the article from the star: TheStar.com | GTA | Boy, 14, in fatal crash had own car

i saw the story on city news. they also had the feature where they got two 14 year olds to go to a dealership and try and buy a car.

CityNews: How Easy Is It For A 14-Year-Old To Buy A Car In Ontario?

that. is. sad.
:evil:
some madresah kids are messed!!
Hyderabad's Finest

#79 Azamnoor

Azamnoor

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 06:38 PM

I went to that madrasa, kinda sad. With all the messed up kids there, didn't expect this to happen.
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats..."

#80 kikar

kikar

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 05:11 PM

it's sad because parents send their bad kids to madresah

boot camp... then these ppl ruin the other ppl who come for ilm

seen it happen lol:brother:

ive been the bad apple many times
Hyderabad's Finest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users